Person to Watch in 2012: Demi Lovato

kaleighdepetro
Person to Watch in 2012: Demi Lovato
Demi Lovato is an actress, a singer and more recently a role model for girls of all ages. She started acting at a young age on the “Barney and Friends” TV show, then on Disney Channel’s “Sonny with a Chance”. She has recorded two albums so far and hopefully has more in the works.
In January 2011, Demi Lovato checked herself into a rehabilitation center for personal issues. She spent months under the radar of Hollywood reporters and fans. When she checked out, millions waited for her to tell why she had checked herself into a rehabilitation center. Finally, she told everyone. Demi checked herself into the rehab center because she finally snapped. After dealing with an eating disorder and self harm for so long, she could not do it on her own anymore, and she realized she needed some help. She became an almost spokesperson about these issues and has really become a positive role model to girls of all ages, encouraging them all to believe they are beautiful just the way they are.
Demi has inspired me to really believe in myself and to realize that I am beautiful in my own way. I am unique and that is okay. I think that she is an important person because she had the courage to stand up to the world, and tell her story, which isn’t very easy. She inspires people everywhere to recover and get their lives back under control. I think that she is truly amazing for speaking out about her struggles. Demi tells it like it is; she does not sugar coat anything. I feel like I can connect with her because she is so honest about her own personal life. I look up to her, like many other girls, because she proves that you can have a problem, recover from it, and then go back to your normal life. I mean, I am sure some things change, but that is a part of life.
I think that in this New Year, Demi will do a lot of good. Maybe she will go on to write a book about her recovery, and publish it as a sort of ‘self-help’ book for others going through the same issues. I think that Demi is definitely someone to watch in 2012 because she is inspiring, honest, and a good role model to girls of all ages.