STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Person to Watch in 2012: My dad

pbajcessna
For me, the person to watch is nobody famous, but he would make a pretty good impact on some people’s lives. The person to watch, for me, is my dad, Jerry Cessna, whose real name is Joseph Gerald Cessna Jr. I know it is complicated, but Jerry is short for Gerald. Anyway, my dad has made a wonderful impact on my life. He did not really inspire me to become a creative writer. I did that on my own. But, he has inspired me in so many ways. The main thing that my dad inspired me with is playing the trumpet. My dad is a monster on that trumpet. He is an amazing trumpet player. I was inspired to play trumpet and I’ve been playing since I was in sixth grade. It brought me to All County band, the ninth grade band, which my band director recommended me to because I am the best trumpet in the ninth grade band in my high school.

My dad also inspired me to join the orchestra at my Church with him. He is the best trumpet player there and we practice together at home. He is really helpful and fun to be with in orchestra. The music that we play together in the orchestra are much harder than the music I play at school. So, that has me learning at kind of a higher level than the level that we are in at the ninth grade band at school. My dad even helps me with my music at school and helped me with my All County music. He knows what I do wrong and I am happy that I can practice with him.

My dad did not just inspire me to play the trumpet. He also inspired me to become a better person and a better Christian. He is a great Christian and says words of inspiration and wisdom. He knows the best thing for me and he is a very smart person. My dad is a very good father because he is not like other fathers because he is not that strict, mean, or over protective. He may seem like a strict father, but he is not. Although, you do not want to be around him when you’re in a hurry. My dad, Jerry Cessna, is an amazing person, so inspirational, and knows what is best for me.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy