STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Person to Watch in 2012: Suzanne Collins

babyelf4
The person to watch in 2012 is Suzanne Collins. She has written three amazing books that are in a trilogy. The books that she wrote are: “The Hunger Games”, “Catching Fire”, and “Mokingjay”. All these books are consecutive and they all work so well together. And coming soon the first book is be turned into a movie. It is coming out March 23. I absolutely love these books and am so excited to see the movie. I think that Suzanne Collins should be the person to watch because she has written three amazing books and her books are going to be made into a movie. This person made amazing books that made me cry, and laugh. I cried when Rue, a tiny young girl died. And I laughed at the main character, Katniss, stubbornness. I think that Suzanne Collins should be given an award for her books. I love these books so much. I have read them over and over again. I think that this person will make a positive effect on society, because her books are so sad and they have things that we take for granted in them. In the books there is a capitol that rules the twelve districts. In most of the districts there is hard punishment and starving people. I think that these books, and the movie, will change society because we take to many things for granted and it shows that there are far less fortunate people. Suzanne Collins books, and the upcoming movie, will change society for the positive. I think that the person to watch in 2012 is Suzanne Collins.
Rate this:
Comment by COMMONSENSE

Many people I know have seen the movie.... They are not interested. I was interested at first, however when I pick up the second book I put it down right away. I highly doubt she will receive any award. If you notice, the book sends out the message.... That off you disagree with the government to rebel. She will never beat twilight or harry potter. Its a trilogy gone bad after the first book. Well boring to say the least.
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2012 8:17:41 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy