Person to Watch in 2012: Taylor Swift and her teen following

anniezawriter
It is not every once in a while that a teen arises from the backcountry of our great country to become a living legend, a role model to today's teens. There came Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, and countless others through out the years. What sets Taylor Swift apart? She is a lasting staple in the entertainment business, for somehow she can be wicked to her ex-boyfriends, a major fashion and hair mogul, and a platinum selling record artist, while remaining completely clean of drugs, alcohol, or anything but positive press. This picture doesn't seem right, right? How is she not boring?
What you must understand, as an adult, is that teens are not stupid. It is a fact that Miley Cyrus, the daughter of Billy Ray and heiress of family fame and wealth, does not understand my boy problems. She never felt like the lesser female when compared to a school hottie. No. That's just not who Miley Cyrus is. She is a teen money-making machine, who teenagers know is geared only to grabbing our attention and getting in our wallets.
Taylor Swift, however, obviously has the attention of the entire world's teens, with her ten Grammys, and the songs she penned HERSELF, not by some paid lyricist.
The point of this article is not that Taylor Swift is great and Miley is boo-hoo. It is that Taylor Swift is there at the end of the night for every teenage girl's breakup, their highs and their lows, and that she has accumulated more of a teen following than anyone in the world in the year of 2011. She is positively influencing society to be an "it girl", you do not need to drink and smoke and rendezvous in the opposite sex's bedroom. It is quite likely in 2012 that Taylor could back any organization publicly, causing hundreds of thousands of girls, worldwide, to look into it, for she is one of very few teenagers who offer a positive influence backed by having lived some time with a "regular life."