Person to Watch in 2012: X Marks the Spot

bzhang1997
She is the epitome of a future leader. Meeting her had been the highlight of my fourteen years of life. She was a philanthropist, an entertainer, a teen philosopher of great importance. In 2011, she was my best friend. She was my comfort when I was sad. She was my haven when I was depressed. She was my phone to talk to. She was my chair to sit on. She was the one who helped me get through my toughest personal situations. She had an impact on me. She made me more positive. She performed great feats, simply from her existence. She was my one and only. She made me whole. We talked about our futures together. One day, she would become a famous psychiatrist who would help the whole world, one step at a time.
I question the day she left for Florida. Suddenly, the phone became unplugged. The chair began squeaking from years of being sat on. The haven collapsed as Zeus hurled bolts of lightning through the air. The helper became the helpless. The solid became a foreign substance, lingering in places unknown. Even so, I still watch for her. Maybe she will reappear before my eyes in 2012, a stranger no longer strange, a hider no longer hidden. She would come back to class, her chair no longer substituted with another mere mortal trying to replace a goddess. She would have traveled the world, helping people recover, as she helped me.
Watch for her, and you will find her, because X marks the spot. It always has, and always will.