Person to Watch in 2012: Tim Tebow

AddyMaddox
Person to watch in 2012: Tim Tebow
I am a Christian. My family is Christians. And most of my friends are Christians. But I’ve never seen someone like Tim Tebow. Tebow was a great football player in 2011 coming into 2012, but it isn’t just the fact the he exceeds as a quarterback for the Denver Broncos. But under the spotlight and under all of life’s pressures he has proven that he is not your average hypocritical Christian. When the world stands and waits watching for him to trip up, to mess up he keeps his faith, and that is something I can respect. Christianity is a religion, yes. But it is also a set of values, a set of values that I can’t keep daily. No one is perfect, but I think those of the Christian faith believe that they are superior almost perfect. And I hope to hold myself accountable for my flaws, like Tim Tebow does. Tim Tebow portrays a modern day Bible Hero, David. In the story, many tried to fight the enemy giant Goliath; the smart, the large, the rich, the war heroes and the skilled. All of these though failed to do what the small shepherd boy David did, defeat the giant. Tim Tebow is a man against the world. Every day, Tebow fights not only the massive football players, but also the temptations of world. Sex, Drugs, Alcohol and every other mess that we seem to fall into, he doesn’t. When every other person seems to stray, we seem him every Sunday on the sidelines eyes closed, head bowed asking for strength from God. Because he seems to realize that he is nothing without God and he is out there for God and to give him the glory, something I am incapable of doing. Because we humans are egotistical, bigheaded losers that get so caught up with ourselves. The person to watch in 2012 is Tim Tebow, not only because he is a fantastic football player he will hopefully lead the Denver Broncos to the Super Bowl, but also, because he is a role model for us to follow, to imitate, and to learn from. For Christians and non Christians alike, he holds himself to a higher standard that we should all aspire to copy one day, because of that he gains respect.