Person to Watch in 2012: Kate Middleton

mielejas123
April 29, 2011 is the date that changed her life. Not only is it the date of her wedding, but it is the date that Kate Middleton became British royalty. Millions of people watched her walk through the doors of Westminster Abbey, wondering what her future would hold. Many of those viewers were skeptical that the stress of always being in the public eye would be detrimental, like it was for Princess Diana. However, she did not seem the least bit phased during her first year of royalty. Whether she was shopping at the local grocery store, participating at a charity event, or hosting a palace party, she looked confident in herself. Rather than looking flustered or stressed, her smile always shined in the pictures.

As a fan of Middleton, I have been very inspired by her. Although she has many roles as the Duchess of Cambridge, she has been very successful. She has not let the limelight affect her as a person; instead, she acts as if she is just another average woman. She still does her own shopping, and even though she has access to thousands of diamonds, her fashion style is usually affordable. She is also very personable, allowing her friendliness to be known to the world. The news is buzzing with positive information about her, and there is nothing to suggest that she is rude or careless about her duties as a royal.

In 2012, Middleton will only become more popular. As the wedding anniversary comes nearer, people will be interested with her plans. When will she be pregnant? What will she wear at the upcoming palace event? What country will she and Prince William tour next? People also need to be prepared for her future accomplishments. She will encourage positive changes in British society, and she will work with different organizations to help improve the lives of the less fortunate.