Person to Watch in 2012: Mitt Romney

MichaelSonsalla
Michael Sonsalla
9th grade
English 5th Block
“Person of Interest” in 2012

Iowa is the most important state when it comes to presidential caucuses. Since 1972, Iowa has been the first state that has been visited by the candidates, and whoever wins Iowa generally does well enough to guarantee a spot in the top three candidates for that party. Our person of interest today has not only won Iowa this year, but has also just recently won New Hampshire as well. Mitt Romney might just be the most influential person of 2012, and has certainly sparked some interest in America over the past few weeks. I am now going to show you how Romney got to this spot of power over the years, and why I think he has an advantage over the other candidates.
Born in Detroit on March 12, 1947, he grew up to apprentice as a plaster carpenter, while he sold aluminum paints. Eventually all of his hard work paid off when a job opportunity landed him at the head of American Motors. In 1961, Romney’s father was elected Governor of Massachusetts, giving the Romney’s an upper hand in Government. George W. Romney was very popular in Mass., but all was forgotten when Mitt ran in the Senate Election in 1994 when he lost to Ted Kennedy. Romney gained back some trust and popularity in the citizens when he organized the 2002 Olympics, making it a financial success, and giving him an edge.
In 2002, Romney was also elected for Governor of Mass., and was reelected in 2006, when he really “got down to business”. He decreased state spending, which eliminated a $3 billion deficit. This is Romney’s second time running for the Republican Candidate, as in 2008, when he lost to Senator John McCain. In the years following, he made exceptional speeches, fundraising money for campaigns of other Senate and Governor candidates. Now, once again, he has a strong push against the other candidates, and promises to be powerful in his second battle for Presidency.
Romney plans on making it all the way to the top, and when he gets there, he is going to fix this Broken America! He wants to let foreclosures happen, which would “re-boot” the system, in a way. Mitt is also very Pro-Life. He calls his system “Planned Parenthood”, and in some cases has been referred to as “Two Lives In Progress”. He was raised in a family who studied Polygamy, a religion that believed in families with multiple wives. While Romney is no longer studying Polygamy, he defended Pro-Life and child birth with his life (no pun intended). Anti-abortion has definitely been his strong point. Romney would also let middle income households to earn money tax-free. His standing here is to encourage lower income families with one or no jobs between the adults to take job opportunities. One of Romney’s other major plans is to change Medicare fundamentally. His plan is to use the American Market to lower the costs, and improve the care, encouraging low income families who couldn’t afford it in the past to be able to use it now and hopefully be more active in jobs.

“A Brighter Future”

Like any other human being, Romney has his faults, but I believe that Mitt Romney has the most potential vs. any other Republican Candidate for the 2012 campaign. I think that his platform holds the most power, which definitely catches my attention. His ideals meet all of my standards, so in my opinion, he has the upper hand in this race. If Romney is elected as the next President of the United States, I think we have good things to look forward for in the future! Thank you for your time, and I hope this has been a useful piece of information. Thank you.

Sources sited:

A Conservative Teacher.Com
Wikipedia
MittRomneyOnTheIssues.Com
Report on Gov. Pro-Life.Net
DeseretNews.Com