Questions and Stories about Empty Nest and Retirement

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that retirees and those with an empty nest have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences being retired or adjusting to an empty nest? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Empty Nest and Retirement Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Safety

The last three years the family and most of my friends have been subjected to my husbands insisting that our abuse that was not meant of 24 years Before he was crippled by MRSA, Has left us without any rights to decide he was not participating in family vacations, holidays, and other functions, because he was no longer fit socially to deal with them. Last Christmas I had guests coming to where we live now, its a 1230 mile trip, There were many that voiced concerns that my husband was not going

When people reach their Golden Years, have struggled to work to build their character and their reputation, does jealousy cause a barrage of lies, slander and cyberbulling? They have worked all of their lives, enjoyed many good life experiences, maybe been honored and now they are closer to the end of their life than they were 60 years ago, but, some person with jealousy wants to destroy everything they have worked for. Jealousy can cause the most horrible of made up lies from a known or unkno

I am of retirement age but it's my parent that this question is about. My siblings and I have decided to place our mother in a residential nursing home.

Unfortunately, none of us are equipped to care for her in our own homes.

We haven't selected a care facility yet but I wanted to see if anyone has some general advice, pros and cons, warning signs or tips on what to ask or look for when we need to find the right nursing home for my elderly parent.

Any feedb