Moving Out: Six Cities Perfect for Retirement

BrookeChaplan
Retirement is something everybody looks forward to. It is a time when you can relax, travel, and try things you never had time for before. Many decide to move to a new city after they retire and below is a list perfect for retirement living.

Franklin, Tennessee
Franklin is a city located about 20 miles south of Nashville. The cost of living is relatively low and the tax rate is lower than the national average. This is a safe city as well, having pretty low crime rates.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
If you love being outdoors, then you may want to consider Colorado Springs. This city is home to many attractions, including Pikes Peak which offers great hiking and views. Colorado Springs also has a lower tax rate than average.

Cape Coral, Florida

Cape Coral, Florida is another option for retirees looking for a place with great weather. There are plenty of fun activities to enjoy in Cape Coral, including fishing, sunbathing, and golfing. Cape Coral also has an excellent healthcare system, meaning you can get the care you need at a lower rate.

Austin, Texas
Summers in Texas can be hot and muggy, but the city is certainly not short on fun activities for seniors. There are miles of walking paths and biking trails here which can be great for staying active. The cost of living is low and you can find great healthcare as well. There are also many retirement programs like Sunshine Retirement Living services available which offer healthcare and home services.

Denver, Colorado

Denver, Colorado is located in the shadow of the Rocky Mountain and many people spend their weekends hiking and skiing in the mountains. Even though the cost of living in Denver is high, taxes are low. Denver is a walkable city with lots to see and do and boasts an excellent healthcare system.

Arlington, Virginia
America's most famous cemetery is located in Arlington. However, that is not the only attraction. This city is home to national parks, the air force memorial, and numerous other entertainment venues. Although the cost of living in Arlington is higher than the national average, the crime rate in this city is very low.

Many retirees find moving allows them to make the most of their situation and newfound freedom. If you are getting ready to retire soon and are looking for a great place to live, then you have a number of options. Any of these cities could be a great choice.

Baby Boomers (and older!) blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for "Empty Nesters" and those in (or near) retirement to share stories about the adventure of life in an online journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories from Baby Boomers (and older), or check out the writing contest for Baby Boomers, quotes about retirement, etiquette advice, videos about retirement, discounts for retirement, and other resources for those in the Empty Nest and Retirement stage of life.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your life experiences, and pass along your wisdom to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.