Questions and Stories about Grandparents

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that grandparents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a grandparent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Grandparents Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Wellness & Health

For a sun lover like myself, moving to a warmer climate is such a no-brainer. Unfortunately, my husband is one of those people who enjoys the changing seasons, likes cool weather, and really does not even mind the snow. My goal was clear from the start, his not so much! Many factors played into the decision, and we have talked them over time and again.

-Cost of Living: This is easy. The area where we are looking in Florida is much less expensive than our current area. Home prices ha

Recently, I have read the series of stories entitled "100 Days of Cancer." It seems that story after story emerges telling tales of heartbreaking deaths and diagnoses. Now, it's my turn. About a month ago or so my best friend's grandmother passed away of lung cancer. Originally, the doctors only gave her about six months to live. As time elapsed and disappeared into a a huge mass of anxiety, no one had prepared themselves for what came next. Then again how could any one have ever predicted thi

A couple of days ago my former writing partner, author and conservative comedian Al Sonja Schmidt, invited me to appear on her new radio program to discuss the topic "Aging Gracefully." Of course I agreed to help a sistah out, mainly because if it weren't for "Sonz" I would have never enjoyed a career as a professional television writer and, quite frankly, because I love the sound of my own voice. However as I began to think about the subject at hand I realized I was probably the most unqualifi

I am a grandmother of eight soon to be nine this fall. Two of our grandsons we are raising. We have had them for two years. They are now ages five and six. The five year old has Aspergers Syndrome so that has added little more to our raising them since we now take him for therapy sessions and other doctor appointments whom also treat him for ADHD. While the older one is doing great he did have abandonment issues so he sees a psychologist along with his younger brother to deal with those issues.

We've all seen the ads on TV: "Hi. I'm a busy mother of five, a banking executive, and an amature spelunker. I don't have time for urinary incontinence. That's why I take Flowbrake. If you want to enjoy your life again, ask your doctor about Flowbrake."

After watching the commercial I thought to myself, "Maybe I should ask my doctor about Flowbrake. There was that recent embarrassing incident." I was at the super store when I had to go to the bathroom. Of course it was on the other s

During the many discussions of the healthcare crisis I rarely hear mentioned the real causes of the massive budget shortfalls: too many people need healthcare too often and for too long a time. Tens of millions of people, starting in early or middle adulthood, have to visit their doctors every 6 months to get one or several expensive prescriptions for conditions (like high blood pressure and cholesterol) which could be more easily, cheaply and safely controlled/prevented by healthy diets and l

I'm 36 years old. I'm not a grandparent. The reason I'm posting in this stage is that I think it's safe to say we've all picked up some life lessons from our grandparents at some point in our lives.

Please take a moment to share a life lesson you've learned from your grandmother or grandfather.

Here's mine: "Never give up."

Okay, so this seems a little cliche, I know, but it's a life lesson that is emphasized in my heart and mind everytime I think about m

<<Prev  2 of 2