Questions and Stories about Grandparents

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that grandparents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a grandparent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Grandparents Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Travel

A family vacation that I will never forget was to visit my grandmother in south Mississippi, she lived just a few miles from the beach in the little town of Pass Christian. We were to be there for a week but we ended up staying only a couple of days, we arrived late on Friday August 15, 1969 and left to return back home to north Louisiana early Sunday morning August 17.
I had just turned six years old, but this time is very vivid in my mind. We toured around like we normally did when we we

This summer I will happily accompany my mom back to her hometown of Bucksport, Maine. We've visited there before but this year will be different, this year I'll be taking her, she won't be taking me. In many ways I'll be the adult, and the caretaker and she the child; a role that will be new for me and I will have to reinvent myself. I know I will have to be on high alert as I can be impatient and critical at times and there will be no place for these unfavorable traits of mine on this trip.

Hi, I am new to stages of life. I blog at The Empty Nest Express http://theemptynestexpress.com). I'm a fairly new happily married empty nester with two little grandangels that I watch one day a week. At times I have guest bloggers and am looking for some single parents who are now empty nesters who might like to briefly - 3-4 paragraphs or so, share their challenges and/or new adventures. If you would be interested drop my a line on my blog - you can use the contact form. I look forward to get

Calling all fellow grandparents:

Name your favorite, free (or cheap) fall activity to do with your grandkids.

Mine is going to a local apple orchid. We pick apples, drink cidar, and check out pumpkins, etc. The one we go to here in York County, PA is Brown's Orchards & Farm Markets.

http://www.brownsorchards.com

Many have fall festivals, free music, etc. on the weekends. Check your local paper.

What's your favorite fall activity with you

My husband and I are thinking about downsizing and moving into a condo. We have two big worries...1) regrets of selling our home and 2) moving out of town and away from our grandchildren. Does anyone have thoughts or experiences of their own share on this?