Questions and Stories about Grandparents

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that grandparents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a grandparent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Grandparents Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Relationships

I am the mother of 2 biological sons and an adopted daughter ( adopted her when she was a teen). 1 son has no children yet. Other son has teenage stepchild and his wife is expecting their 1st child. Daughter has our 1st grandchild, then married and had her 2nd child (our 3rd grandchild) and now expecting her 3rd child. We have always helped all 3 of our children anyway we could. Our daughter we have helped more due to the majority of the time she had been a single parent.she even withholds me

I'm a step grandma and my husband is a grandpa that lives in same town as grand baby. The other grand parents live out of town. So when they come to see the grand child they get Friday , Saturday and Sunday. Either staying at grand baby's house therefore spending the whole weekend. Or some times mothers sisters house. We are the only grandparents living in the same town. We get squeezed in one hour every 4-6 weeks for a one hour dinner. Like us getting the meal and bringing it back

I always wanted to be a mother. When our first child was born in 1972, my husband and I agreed that I would stay home and spend full time with this much-loved little girl. I could always finish my teacher training later.

However, my husband, an amateur astronomer, wanted to travel to West Africa the following summer to view a solar eclipse. Now at home, it fell to me to plan that rather daunting trip. Spurred on by his wistful “Wouldn’t it be great to watch the eclipse from Timbu

My son who is married but doesn't live with his wife or son isn't allowed in his mother in law's house to visit his son.
This is the question what are his rights?
My son is still married to his son's mother.Is there a legal paper he can get giving him permission to visit his son?

In most marriage ceremonies a statement is made to the couple, "two shall become one".for the first 20 years of our marriage..My husband is no longer one with me. He is one but It is with our
Adult married children. Our first daughter is pregnant. Time came for her. 4D ultrasound. She invited her mother to in law and excluded me. My heart felt crushed. My daughtet stumbled around fabricating statements, how the ultrasound was Tuesday, but how she corrected herself
Before we left. I

My son-in-law and I got off to a very bad start, but once there were grandkids I love them very much, did my best to make repairs, and do my best to see the kids. They don't live very far, but I only get to see them maybe 4 times a year, last time on holiday without son-in-law. Now I was pleased to be invited to go on holiday with their whole family.

While we were discussing where over a week or two, I made a suggestion and my daughter replied no, they were going with the other gran

I am a 53 year old single woman . I have 2 sons one has a son and a daughter that is not his biological daughter . I moved here from the east coast when I knew my son and girlfriend were not being responsible with the kids. They are not drug addicts , but they were lazy , and let utilities get shut of and s forth . My ex husband who never paid child support for his own children, went to court in Ar, and got guardianship of the kids , they promised me that they would always let the parents be in

After being divorced for 3 plus years, my ex husband remarried a wonderful woman. She and I have not met, but we talk and confirm who wants to buy what for Christmas gifts for my kids. Like I said, she is wonderful. But recently I became a Grandma! My daughter had been married for 4 years and as she finished her graduate degree, she and her hubby decided they were ready. It did not take long for me and my son in laws mother to get on board. Nine and a half months later, we all fall head o

I had a little pony,
His name was Dapple Grey,
I lent him to a lady,
To ride a mile away.

She whipped him, she slashed him,
She rode him through the mire;
I would not lend my pony now,
For all the lady's hire.

We sang this song as children, and I dreamed of being a bareback rider in the circus. You pretended you were a roping, riding cowboy. Your bicycle had just had the training wheels removed. I was setting

Are you old enough to remember the Art Linkletter Show and the segment, Kids Say the Darndest Things? When my daughters were little, they said so many funny things. I wish I had written them all down because now I can’t remember half of them. My grandchildren are the witty ones now, and I have vowed to record their sayings, not just for myself, but for my daughter to enjoy as well.
A few weeks ago Grampy and I were visiting our daughter and her family of three beautiful child