Questions and Stories about Grandparents

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that grandparents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a grandparent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Grandparents Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Money

I am the mother of 2 biological sons and an adopted daughter ( adopted her when she was a teen). 1 son has no children yet. Other son has teenage stepchild and his wife is expecting their 1st child. Daughter has our 1st grandchild, then married and had her 2nd child (our 3rd grandchild) and now expecting her 3rd child. We have always helped all 3 of our children anyway we could. Our daughter we have helped more due to the majority of the time she had been a single parent.she even withholds me

Winning the lottery can be

a) a game akin to a childhood daydreaming;
b) a serious spiritual exploration of greed and generosity; or
c) a way to clarify one's values.
Or any combination of these.

I would ask myself the question: How would winning a lot of money change my life? Would it be mostly good or mostly complicated? How would it affect my relationships? My lifestyle? Will big money lead to greed or generosity?

Mission, vision and values:

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on

For a sun lover like myself, moving to a warmer climate is such a no-brainer. Unfortunately, my husband is one of those people who enjoys the changing seasons, likes cool weather, and really does not even mind the snow. My goal was clear from the start, his not so much! Many factors played into the decision, and we have talked them over time and again.

-Cost of Living: This is easy. The area where we are looking in Florida is much less expensive than our current area. Home prices ha

This is a quick update to our Grandparent bloggers, writers and readers...

StageofLife.com partnered with Grandparents.com to bring you a special offer: For a limited time, as a StageofLife.com reader or member, you can get one year of FREE membership in the Grandparents.com Benefits Club.

Sign up at http://benefitsclub.grandparents.com/ and use promo code GPGIFT to get the Free membership.

If you're not familiar with Grandparents.com, they are de

Calling all fellow grandparents:

Name your favorite, free (or cheap) fall activity to do with your grandkids.

Mine is going to a local apple orchid. We pick apples, drink cidar, and check out pumpkins, etc. The one we go to here in York County, PA is Brown's Orchards & Farm Markets.

http://www.brownsorchards.com

Many have fall festivals, free music, etc. on the weekends. Check your local paper.

What's your favorite fall activity with you

My husband and I are thinking about downsizing and moving into a condo. We have two big worries...1) regrets of selling our home and 2) moving out of town and away from our grandchildren. Does anyone have thoughts or experiences of their own share on this?