Questions and Stories about Grandparents

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that grandparents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a grandparent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Grandparents Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Make a Difference

My grandma is the best. She takes care of me. I don't no what I would do with out her. I lived with her since I was 6 years old. My mom died Died on my birthday .I miss her so much. My grandmother and my grandfather take care of me now. That's why I love them so much. If I won I would take them to apple bees. Plus I'm only a little girl.

"It's a pirate!" the little girl yelled.

All parents have experienced it. You know what I'm talking about. That time when the innocent child blurts out something that cannot be called back once it leaves those innocent lips. I was at the airport, trying to get on a flight in O'Hare with about 400 other people. Half were waiting for their flight to load, while my half waited for our plane, sitting at the gate, waiting to unload. Needless to say, we were all weary travelers.

ON BEING SCHIZOPHRENIC
By Margery Wakefield

My eyes are different from your eyes. No problem.
I weigh more than you do. No problem.
You are taller than I am. No problem.
My brain is different from your brain. BIG problem, especially if I happen to have schizophrenia, which I do. Because I am schizophrenic, I can be fired from my job, thought of as a deranged killer, called names like “nuts,” “psycho,” “fruitcake,” “wacko,” “crazy,” “weirdo,” loony,” and many

After my husband’s passing, I wrote “thank yous“ for the wonderful condolence messages, and as was my habit, signed both our names. I soon heard from concerned friends that I wasn’t facing reality. “What reality?” I protested. “I am our secretary; he always left it to me.”

However, he did compose one note that I cherish. He wrote it on the day of our second daughter’s birth, and I have read the note at the naming of each of my great grandchildren.

“Thank you, dear G-d,”

A soft, sweet summer breeze sweeps over the path, as her shimmering golden locks fly behind her and she toddles after a puppy.
With her bright, exquisite sundress blowing in the wind and her dainty little baby toes padding on the cold, hard packed earth, not even noticing how hard and cold it is, and only seeing the true beauty around her.
She stops long enough to smell an auspicious, boastful flower, when a bright, red, luminescent berry catches her eye. She plucks it off the vine an

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on

Is that all there is? and then DIE?
I don't think so.....thats what I thought when I was a teen.....then HE TOUCHED ME! Yes, I was blown away when I was on drugs....I was 20 , a college drop out and making pizzas for something to do. I was drinking daily to escape the emptiness of my existence. Sure, it was a facade that I was "partying". I was miserable and God knew it. He was gracious enough to know when to intervene. I was busted a few weeks earlier for having a party with some pot at m

My grandmother recently had a heart attack. About six months ago, she was routinely doing chores and cooking food for my family in India, when she fell to the floor and started having heart pains. My aunt and uncle quickly took her to the clinical practitioner a few doors over and asked what had just happened. The doctor told them she had just had a heart attack! What was amazing was that even with the heart attack, she was able to walk to the doctor’s office. Nevertheless, my grandmother was t

Sloan Baby,

I know you are only nine months old and so you won’t be able to read this letter for a while. But I know this Mamie’s feelings will only deepen by then, so multiply all I am about to say times a hundred.

I love you so much I let you teethe on my chin; yes, even when real teeth started coming through.
You love me so much you show off by sticking out your tongue or clucking it and winking at me (with both eyes, mind you). All - simply to impress me with you

The story is about a project I, as a grandparent am working on to help needy lonely abandoned children. It is about a little mouse nick-named Spacey because he was always looking out into space and wondering about things. So when he heard NASA was taking on animal volunteers for one of its first space trips, he signed up, hoping to find the way to God out there. But the spaceship lands by accident in Africa and now he must find his way home. Through his experiences with some African childre

<<Prev  2 of 3    Next>>