Questions and Stories about Grandparents

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that grandparents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a grandparent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Grandparents Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

Ever since I was a kid, I have always wanted to do something important. I wanted to be the childhood figures I’d seen in cartoons, like Pocahontas. I wanted to be as caring and understanding as Snow White. I wanted to change lives like Mulan. When you’re a kid, everything seems easy, the world is at your feet, and you have this mindset that when you get older you can do anything. Now that I am older, nothing is simple, the world seems out of reach, and I know life isn’t boundless but has many l

Is that all there is? and then DIE?
I don't think so.....thats what I thought when I was a teen.....then HE TOUCHED ME! Yes, I was blown away when I was on drugs....I was 20 , a college drop out and making pizzas for something to do. I was drinking daily to escape the emptiness of my existence. Sure, it was a facade that I was "partying". I was miserable and God knew it. He was gracious enough to know when to intervene. I was busted a few weeks earlier for having a party with some pot at m

The story is about a project I, as a grandparent am working on to help needy lonely abandoned children. It is about a little mouse nick-named Spacey because he was always looking out into space and wondering about things. So when he heard NASA was taking on animal volunteers for one of its first space trips, he signed up, hoping to find the way to God out there. But the spaceship lands by accident in Africa and now he must find his way home. Through his experiences with some African childre

I used to look with disdain at celebrities that had plastic surgery, but now that I'm old it doesn't seem so bad. In my 20's people referred to me as miss, in my 30's it was ma'am. Now that I'm in my late 50's, it's "Hey, old lady!" Things really took a turn for the worse when I was hospitalized. I realize that no one looks good in the hospital because they won't let you get any sleep. They are constantly waking you up at all hours for vital signs, blood work, IV bag changes, medicine. So there

My husband and I are thinking about downsizing and moving into a condo. We have two big worries...1) regrets of selling our home and 2) moving out of town and away from our grandchildren. Does anyone have thoughts or experiences of their own share on this?