Questions and Stories about Grandparents

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that grandparents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a grandparent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Grandparents Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Family

My son-in-law and I got off to a very bad start, but once there were grandkids I love them very much, did my best to make repairs, and do my best to see the kids. They don't live very far, but I only get to see them maybe 4 times a year, last time on holiday without son-in-law. Now I was pleased to be invited to go on holiday with their whole family.

While we were discussing where over a week or two, I made a suggestion and my daughter replied no, they were going with the other gran

I am a 53 year old single woman . I have 2 sons one has a son and a daughter that is not his biological daughter . I moved here from the east coast when I knew my son and girlfriend were not being responsible with the kids. They are not drug addicts , but they were lazy , and let utilities get shut of and s forth . My ex husband who never paid child support for his own children, went to court in Ar, and got guardianship of the kids , they promised me that they would always let the parents be in

Our 20 year old grandson was allowed to move into our home by my husband. I disaproved but was told by my husband that he didnt care whether I liked it or not he was moving in. I am disabled and require help with many of my daily activities. The grandson dId not do any housework, paid no rent, paid for no groceries, I had to wash his clothes, used chewing tobacco in our home after he was told it would not be tolerated, he worked an my husband handled his money (he said he couldnt manage his mo

Only the Lord above can control the weather. Whatever we get, we have to work with.

2004 is remembered for its notorious hurricane season.
She was excited to be five years old on August 13th. My sweet granddaughter Maya’s birthday party was scheduled at Lowry Park Zoo. She had attended the preschool program which was set-up within the park. Would you believe, on just that weekend when all the families and her friends were looking forward to gather, there arose a hurrican

Tackling religion with your children can be a challenge in any household. My husband is Christian, and I was raised with a mix of Native American and aging hippie views. We had agreed early on that when the time came we would expose our kids to a variety of religions and views to give them an idea of what was out there.

Before bed one night, our three-year old started asking questions. My husband saw an opportunity to teach her about his beliefs.

"Well," He began. "God liv

I haven't lived in the same state as my grandmother for years now, and the last time I saw her was about three years ago. However, no matter how long I’m away from my home town, I still remember going to her house every single day for dinner. She’s probably the best cook I’ve ever met, and she’s never been taught how to do any of it. She just knows. Maybe it’s because she’s a grandma, or maybe because she’s just amazing and knows how to make food on her own. I don’t really have a favorite food,

My grandma is the best. She takes care of me. I don't no what I would do with out her. I lived with her since I was 6 years old. My mom died Died on my birthday .I miss her so much. My grandmother and my grandfather take care of me now. That's why I love them so much. If I won I would take them to apple bees. Plus I'm only a little girl.

This is my first year in 22 years that I have not had to buy school clothes for a child's first day of school. It is also my first year as a grandmother. I sit and watch my beautiful new granddaughter sleeping and look over at her adoring mother. Tomorrow is her first day back to work. She is crying at the thought.
As I watch her, I think about the many "first days" she will experience. At the same time, a commercial comes on for "back to school discounts". This makes me think of some of t

I had a little pony,
His name was Dapple Grey,
I lent him to a lady,
To ride a mile away.

She whipped him, she slashed him,
She rode him through the mire;
I would not lend my pony now,
For all the lady's hire.

We sang this song as children, and I dreamed of being a bareback rider in the circus. You pretended you were a roping, riding cowboy. Your bicycle had just had the training wheels removed. I was setting

Are you old enough to remember the Art Linkletter Show and the segment, Kids Say the Darndest Things? When my daughters were little, they said so many funny things. I wish I had written them all down because now I can’t remember half of them. My grandchildren are the witty ones now, and I have vowed to record their sayings, not just for myself, but for my daughter to enjoy as well.
A few weeks ago Grampy and I were visiting our daughter and her family of three beautiful child

<<Prev  2 of 7    Next>>