Questions and Stories about Grandparents

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that grandparents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a grandparent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Grandparents Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Ethical Dilemmas

I am the mother of 2 biological sons and an adopted daughter ( adopted her when she was a teen). 1 son has no children yet. Other son has teenage stepchild and his wife is expecting their 1st child. Daughter has our 1st grandchild, then married and had her 2nd child (our 3rd grandchild) and now expecting her 3rd child. We have always helped all 3 of our children anyway we could. Our daughter we have helped more due to the majority of the time she had been a single parent.she even withholds me

Winning the lottery can be

a) a game akin to a childhood daydreaming;
b) a serious spiritual exploration of greed and generosity; or
c) a way to clarify one's values.
Or any combination of these.

I would ask myself the question: How would winning a lot of money change my life? Would it be mostly good or mostly complicated? How would it affect my relationships? My lifestyle? Will big money lead to greed or generosity?

Mission, vision and values:

My son-in-law and I got off to a very bad start, but once there were grandkids I love them very much, did my best to make repairs, and do my best to see the kids. They don't live very far, but I only get to see them maybe 4 times a year, last time on holiday without son-in-law. Now I was pleased to be invited to go on holiday with their whole family.

While we were discussing where over a week or two, I made a suggestion and my daughter replied no, they were going with the other gran

I am a 53 year old single woman . I have 2 sons one has a son and a daughter that is not his biological daughter . I moved here from the east coast when I knew my son and girlfriend were not being responsible with the kids. They are not drug addicts , but they were lazy , and let utilities get shut of and s forth . My ex husband who never paid child support for his own children, went to court in Ar, and got guardianship of the kids , they promised me that they would always let the parents be in

Tackling religion with your children can be a challenge in any household. My husband is Christian, and I was raised with a mix of Native American and aging hippie views. We had agreed early on that when the time came we would expose our kids to a variety of religions and views to give them an idea of what was out there.

Before bed one night, our three-year old started asking questions. My husband saw an opportunity to teach her about his beliefs.

"Well," He began. "God liv

A pall fell over our country just weeks before Christmas when twenty innocent victims, some no older than ten, lost their lives in yet another senseless shooting. Over the last few years, I’ve asked myself time and again, when did this violence begin…and more importantly, why? For me, growing up took place in a simpler, gentler time. School and safety were synonymous. Perhaps that’s one of the reasons I became a teacher. I always loved school!
Over the years, I witnessed our sc

My husband and I are thinking about downsizing and moving into a condo. We have two big worries...1) regrets of selling our home and 2) moving out of town and away from our grandchildren. Does anyone have thoughts or experiences of their own share on this?