Eat, Drink, and Be Merry

meemers
Is that all there is? and then DIE?
I don't think so.....thats what I thought when I was a teen.....then HE TOUCHED ME! Yes, I was blown away when I was on drugs....I was 20 , a college drop out and making pizzas for something to do. I was drinking daily to escape the emptiness of my existence. Sure, it was a facade that I was "partying". I was miserable and God knew it. He was gracious enough to know when to intervene. I was busted a few weeks earlier for having a party with some pot at my sisters apartment while she was in FLA. She left to check up on my brother who ran away. Well....I was a good ole Catholic that never went to church anymore and was going to heaven just because I was born into a Catholic family and I went to Catholic school and was baptized and confirmed. Well, I lived like there was no God and no heaven....or at least I wanted to go there quick cause I was miserable. Drinking daily to get drunk and get high in what ever way came along(mind you I was not (yet) a heroin user. Well, He touched my heart and me and my friends and some siblings were all high in my backyard and we all got touched.....yea....supernatural and freaky....WOOOO! yea God is amazing....that was almost 40 years ago! You say WOW...you are old! I say NO I am feeling GREAT! I have so much more energy and fun than when I was a teen! Visit my website to hear more or connect. I have alot to say!!! and love hearing from YOU!
Funny I just realized that I posted this page on a grandparents site......well I am a granny of 6 soon to be 7 grandchildren and you will definitely be hearing from me because Ilive near 5 soon to be 6 of those critters and we have a BLAST! I just went shopping with my daughter who is pregnant with her third....she has a girl, Harper Lee 3 and a boy, Finley Blue who is 1. We went to Michaels after we have a lovely walk in the sunshine on the Huckleberry Trail! We went o Michaels because I had a 25% off coupon that I just had to use! It was for anything...sale and non sale items! WOOOOHOOO! I am coupon queen! Well we found some cool sponge swords that Harper wants to use when she dresses like Puss n Boots for Halloween. Fin and I got into it with the swords...then Harper joined in. Soon I was involving a teen boy in the aisle! He chuckled as I grown(soon to be 60 year old granny) was pointing my sponge sword to his belly. Mind you I didn"t invade his space but I did get a chuckle! I like to entertain myself. Yes, I bought a sword for Fin and Harper and 2 for meself! Yes, I spelled it meself VS myself because I have plans to do a skit at our talents show at Christmas. You will hear more from me mate on that one. Til another day, Eat, Drink and HAVE FUN! Because tomorrow ye may kick the bucket!

Grandparents blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for grandparents to share stories about the adventure of grandparenting in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about grandparenting, or check out the writing contest for grandparents, quotes about grandparents, etiquette for grandparents, videos about grandparenting, discounts for families, and other resources for grandparents on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your grandchildren (or grandparents), and pass along your wisdom to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.