Questions and Stories about Raising a Family

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that parents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a parent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Raising a Family Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Travel

If I won the lottery I would scream, cry, thank God, quit my job, and celebrate with my family! I’d take my husband and kids to buy a luxury motorhome that is fully equipped and able to tow a car. Next, my husband and I would hire a financial planner to set up accounts for ourselves, our kids, and family members and arrange donations to various organizations. We’d pay off our debt, sell our house, one of our cars, and donate most of our belongings. Finally, after getting all of our affairs in o

My son was four when he almost made a stranger wet herself.

I realize how much explaining this may take.

It took place within the epitome of all vacation destinations...Disneyworld...where every ride is designed for maximum thrills. The least threatening of all these is, perhaps, the laid-back Jungle Cruise inside the Magic Kingdom. If you are a four-year-old worrywart with safety always foremost in your mind, the Jungle Cruise is a force with which to be reckoned, and t

My family, consisting of myself, hubby, and two teenage sons, took a long-awaited, long-overdue vacation to Florida in July. Just like in the movie Vacation, it was a road trip full of adventure, a lot of family bonding, and of course, a few mishaps. We spent two days driving to Florida from Ohio, one amazing week in Pompano Beach, one fun filled day in the Everglades, and two days driving back home.

On our first day driving home, we were on I-75 North near Gainesville when all of a

Last summer I got the bright idea to become obsessed with fishing. I guess with all the television shows about people roughing it and living off the land in the last few years I just couldn't resist the call of the wild. However, I don't like guns and I can't shoot a bow and arrow to save my life so hunting was out. Fishing seemed like a cheap and easy hobby that would assuage my perceived desire to live wild. My husband and son were game so it was decided that we would take a camping trip and

It’s 6:45am and we’re officially 45 minutes behind schedule, but it’s the annual Merrill Family Vacation, and THAT is to be expected. I’ve explained before that this family is huge. We had so much stuff packed, that we had to leave Sweetness behind….sorry buddy….One day you’ll be married to a beautiful woman, and you’ll leave your son behind too….and only THEN will you understand the meaning of the term…Female Vacation Packing. I’m not mocking, quite the contrary, it’s just that when Merrill ch

There is something special about Barcelona, so unique that one lacks the right words to describe this wonderful city. Barcelona is a city one can’t different night from day, because both the day and night are equally dense with its citizens and people from other countries, since is the second largest and one of the beautiful cities in Spain.

The city has identified itself as one of the most fashionable and adorable cities in Europe. The reason is simple and logical. It’s renowned anc

I ordered a pizza. I didn’t place a call. I designed my pizza, placed the order, and watched the progress from receipt of my order to its exit from the oven. All of this was brought to me courtesy of modern technology and an app on my Android phone. Apps are truly beautiful things. From controlling my TV to making a video in which I can make my forty-plus-year-old female voice sound like that of a deranged cat, I can do it all with apps. I can even navigate my way across the state or across the

When I was a kid, my family didn’t have much money, but we managed just fine. We normally couldn’t afford fancy vacations and just spent a week at the beach each summer. Our dream was to visit the relatively new Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.

We saved our money for years for that trip. A huge map of the Magic Kingdom hung over our kitchen table for inspiration, and we’d pore over it and talk about visiting at dinner every night. We saved coins, scrimped on spending, and socke

Positioned halfway between the Equator and the North Pole, Romania is the 12th largest country in the South-Eastern Europe. Many think since the country once under Soviet rule or former Eastern bloc country, there is nothing interesting there to watch or speak about. That is misleading. Romania is one of the most beautiful places in Eastern Europe, attracting mass tourism and welcoming people from all walks of life.

Romanian has wonderful tales which have generated curiosity globally

Do you want to have real fun while traveling with kids?
Check our list of the best family attractions in Orlando!
You definitely must see "The Theme Park Capital of the World" which is located in an unrivaled city of Orlando. More than 51,000,000 tourists per year choose this city to spend their holidays.
Well, take your children and get a car to drive to the Florida Mall which is the largest mall in Orlando and one of the largest single-story malls in the USA! It contains over