Questions and Stories about Raising a Family

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that parents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a parent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Raising a Family Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Special Needs

My fiance and I just relocated to a new state. We have a nice home with an extra room. We are pretty private people but on occasion we have people come over and have a good time. I was surprise when my fiance called me from the hair salon to tell me she extended an invitation to her hair stylist of 6 years to come and stay with us. She wants to open her own beauty shop where we live. I was okay with it at the time and said Okay! Then doubt started to creep in. I told my fiance a long time ago b

Have you ever wondered how you could encourage a special needs family? Read four ways we received encouragement and how it can give you ideas to do some encouraging of your own. http://www.miraclemann.com/2015/12/03/four-ways-to-encourage-a-special-needs-family/

While many children relish the spirit of competition, this isn't true for all. Highly competitive kids typically love team sports where they can show off their skills, win a trophy, and gain the respect of their peers and coaches. However, some children shy away from competition and avoid sports altogether. It could be that they simply aren't athletic and worry about being criticized for that. It could also be that they are introverted and don't like the interaction that team sports bring. Perh

The moment the GOD has created this world and living being, he also created every comfort that is required for them.

But, Every comfort is being misused, distorted and made to work against us by us...

Why because from the stone age, especially the human being is revolving around certain things only, as per Gautama Buddha (Four noble truths)

we crave for the sensuality, we crave for the acquisition of Identity, We crave to prevail and dominate over others a w

After a great dea of hand wringing We finally had the talk a few nights ago with our son.

NO, NOT THAT TALK!

I don’t do that particular talk unless I’m cornered like a wild fanged woodland animal. Perhaps I’m a bit old fashioned, but I prefer to leave the teaching of those particular life lessons to my children to be given to them by a third party. I’m okay with that third party being an informative/graphic brochures, checked-out health teachers, or various G

The decision to move a parent, family elder or any loved one to a nursing home can be not only difficult but positively heart rending. You could have doubts about your decision and question its wisdom. You may feel some amount of guilt because of the misconception that nursing homes are for people with families who don’t care for them.

However there is no need to feel guilty. You are by no means abandoning the loved one. Ultimately the decision has to be made based on what is best f

I always seem to stress my Mother out. Everyone always tells her, you have the patience of a saint, or I don’t know how you do it. I don’t know why they say that. Shes always begging me to stop, pay attention, calm down, or sit still. I try to remember that grocery store isles are not made for my cartwheels, but sometimes I can’t help it.
I don’t understand a lot about how grownups think, their so strange. I have a condition called A.D.H.D. Mom tells everyone we come across. I’m

Her mother is going to kill me, I thought. The four-year-old girl had come in an hour earlier, shyly trailing her mother. In her short life she had already had anesthesia and adenoid surgery for tonsils and throat infections. She also had hip problems, which is why her mother had brought her to a physical therapy clinic, to a hands-on therapist.

I watched her walk in. She didn't notice much, a little hand holding tightly to the fabric of her mother's skirt. Dwarfed by the six foot

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, commonly known as ADHD, is a behavioral disorder that affects approximately 8%-10% of school age kids, mostly boys. ADHD is most often diagnosed during the early childhood, especially as awareness of the disorder has become more common and understood. It is believed that the earlier diagnosis is made and treatment begins, the better chance an individual has of leading a normal, healthy life.

ADHD is characterized the the inability to concen

My sweet little peanut,
It’s funny, we started calling you that because you were so tiny that you barely fit into “premie” clothes and size one diapers. We have come a long way from those days and you are growing beautifully. In these first two years of life you have shown more drive and determination than some people show in a lifetime. Your "limitations" and the label doctors have placed on you have not been able to define you because somehow you push through and keep on defying odds.