Questions and Stories about Raising a Family

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that parents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a parent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Raising a Family Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Money

If I won the lottery I would scream, cry, thank God, quit my job, and celebrate with my family! I’d take my husband and kids to buy a luxury motorhome that is fully equipped and able to tow a car. Next, my husband and I would hire a financial planner to set up accounts for ourselves, our kids, and family members and arrange donations to various organizations. We’d pay off our debt, sell our house, one of our cars, and donate most of our belongings. Finally, after getting all of our affairs in o

I know that the majority of Americans are jumping for joy at each and every penny that falls away from the gas prices, but for me, it is bittersweet and disheartening. Sure, I like paying lower gas prices, but I also really like my husband employed. It was just April that my husband received all sorts of special incentives for reaching his ten year mark on an oil exploritory drilling rig. Now, there is an iminent and impending doom lurking in the near future, most likely just before Christma

As a young boy, I was sent to church via a church bus. There were three people that planted seeds of hope in my life at this time. There was Mrs. Smith, she rode the church bus and worked in the school cafeteria. She would mentor me and visit every Saturday to make sure that my siblings and I were going to church on Sunday. Then there was Mr. Haupt, my Sunday school teacher, he would teach me the word of God and the Christian way of living. Then, there was Mr. Joiner, he would teach the childr

The moment the GOD has created this world and living being, he also created every comfort that is required for them.

But, Every comfort is being misused, distorted and made to work against us by us...

Why because from the stone age, especially the human being is revolving around certain things only, as per Gautama Buddha (Four noble truths)

we crave for the sensuality, we crave for the acquisition of Identity, We crave to prevail and dominate over others a w

Although organizing this letter may take away from the overall aesthetic of the letter, it’s a direct reflection of who I am-organized, usually riding the line between normal and full blown OCD. So, first topic is hopes for 2014 (in relation to you). I would say I hope you graduate basic training, but, that is something I know, not something I’m simply hoping for. So, the first thing I hope for is that you learn to lean on Christ in your life. Now that you’ve officially launched

Suffering a job loss can be one of the most difficult trials in life. Not only do you have to revise your resume and spend hours filling out applications, you have to figure out how to file for unemployment benefits as well. And, since each state has different unemployment laws and benefits, it can be confusing to decipher the process.

Following is an overview of unemployment laws in three different states.

Florida

If you’ve lost your job in Florida, you’

There comes a time in many men's lives when they realise that they are completely surrounded by toys. And for the first time in years, these toys are not shiny mobile phones, games consoles, DVDs or cars. No, these are plastic, brightly coloured things that address you in alarming electronic voices when you trip over them in the dark on your way to the bathroom. Welcome to the world of fatherhood!

Hello, dad

If you have only just become a father, you have these joys yet to

Hello Everyone,
My name is Jean Alexander. I have a new memoir title "Fear my surrounding". This is my first book and it entailed the struggles I endured as a young boy growing up in Haiti. I later traveled to the United States to a new life. I was faced with new challenges and overcame insurmountable odds to discover the reason for my existence.

"Fear my surrounding".
is the story of how a boy managed to overcome insurmountable odds in order to discover the reason for his

Hi all,

I wanted to share this great deal for all families planning to travel this summer.

The Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest and most diverse hotel company. It includes 15 hotel brands representing over 7,300 hotels and more than 620,000 hotel rooms in 66 countries, under the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®, Dream Hotels®, Night Hotels®, TRYP® by Wyndham, Wingate® by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham, Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada Worldwide®, Baymont Inn & Suit

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on