Questions and Stories about Raising a Family

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that parents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a parent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Raising a Family Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Family

This Christmas our gift to our adult kids and their families was an overnight stay to an indoor water park. We have three sons and a nephew who Lost both of his parents. One son is married - it's his second marriage now of 5 plus years. Another son lives with a women who befriended the other son's ex wife after his divorce and after developing and moving in with my other son (I hope this makes since - as it's difficult to follow). This, of course, created hurt feelings on several levels. We d

I’ve been implementing minimalist concepts in my life since the beginning of this year when I stumbled upon the blog, Zen Habits by Leo Babauta. I was instantly captivated, read every post and free e-book offered, and continue to follow it. Zen Habits led me to the blog, Becoming Minimalist by Joshua Becker, which I also devoured and continue to follow. If you haven’t read them you need to check them out, as soon as you’re done reading this!

The blogs provide guidelines, inspiration,

There are five simple ways how to teach your children the entrepreneurship issues.

The development of entrepreneurial skills of children does not mean that you should give them the special classes or to teach some complex subjects. Without a doubt, the basic entrepreneurial skills can be very useful for children. With five simple ways, it will be more easier to perform.

1. Buy your kids only those things that t

If I won the lottery I would scream, cry, thank God, quit my job, and celebrate with my family! I’d take my husband and kids to buy a luxury motorhome that is fully equipped and able to tow a car. Next, my husband and I would hire a financial planner to set up accounts for ourselves, our kids, and family members and arrange donations to various organizations. We’d pay off our debt, sell our house, one of our cars, and donate most of our belongings. Finally, after getting all of our affairs in o

I know that the majority of Americans are jumping for joy at each and every penny that falls away from the gas prices, but for me, it is bittersweet and disheartening. Sure, I like paying lower gas prices, but I also really like my husband employed. It was just April that my husband received all sorts of special incentives for reaching his ten year mark on an oil exploritory drilling rig. Now, there is an iminent and impending doom lurking in the near future, most likely just before Christma

My husband, 3 year, baby, and myself are currently living with my mom and her husband, while we are building our house. We decided to go this route, because 1)rent prices are crazy right now, and 2)we thought it would be short term. Key word thought. We do pay them rent, which is fine, I would not expect anything less. Well now my mom's husband's mom, hopefully you can keep up, is coming out to visit. We were just told that we either need to move the baby in the room with us; which it is curren

My son was four when he almost made a stranger wet herself.

I realize how much explaining this may take.

It took place within the epitome of all vacation destinations...Disneyworld...where every ride is designed for maximum thrills. The least threatening of all these is, perhaps, the laid-back Jungle Cruise inside the Magic Kingdom. If you are a four-year-old worrywart with safety always foremost in your mind, the Jungle Cruise is a force with which to be reckoned, and t

My family, consisting of myself, hubby, and two teenage sons, took a long-awaited, long-overdue vacation to Florida in July. Just like in the movie Vacation, it was a road trip full of adventure, a lot of family bonding, and of course, a few mishaps. We spent two days driving to Florida from Ohio, one amazing week in Pompano Beach, one fun filled day in the Everglades, and two days driving back home.

On our first day driving home, we were on I-75 North near Gainesville when all of a

So I am away from home enjoying my vacation at MY mom's place and my husband's relatives quietly get visas and tickets and land in my house without even letting me know.I live in brooklyn , in a one bedroom apt.with my kids 10 and 12 years old .My dad who is 63 also lives with me.My husband's 4 relatives have entered my house and neither my husband nor his family have bothered to let me know that they r leaving and they r gonna stay in my house.Is it ok to feel uneasy and really upset or am I j

My husband works from home, now. So this summer, while our daughter Melissa is at camp, we have a new ritual. We watch Jeopardy every afternoon at 2:30 (old folks home, here we come...ha-ha)!

Now, watching Jeopardy can be a fun experience...especially when you KNOW an answer...oh, wait...especially when you KNOW an answer your HUSBAND does NOT know (capital of South. Dakota is PIERRE!!!)...and especially when you know the answer to a question NONE OF THE SUPER SMART CONTESTANTS KNO

<<Prev  2 of 28    Next>>