Questions and Stories about Raising a Family

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that parents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a parent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Raising a Family Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Ethical Dilemmas

I think it will be good to write something light today. How about some aspects from my teaching days? I will tell you some general experiences of my long teaching carrier.

I really miss my school days as a teacher. At school, in my class, it was my natural habitat. I felt really at home with my pupils and the more I got to know them, and the more they got to know me, our good relation made the hours we spent together not only stressless but also very enjoyable. Not that I never had

I am enjoying a day off from work. I just finished an enjoyable six mile run and after submitting this blog, will try to read before my family starts returning home. Ever since my wife and I decided to adopt three foster children, I have had little time for my two favorite hobbies. Our daughters, ages ten and twelve, have been in our home for almost fifteen months and our fifteen year old son for almost six. I spent a little time this morning asking myself, “what if”. What if we decided n

During my adult life, I have observed various beliefs parents passed on to their children. I observed children who parrot their parents: political views, racial biases, expressions, favorite sports teams, religious affiliations, non verbal gestures, and other opinions. As a parent, I understand my children will be watching me and observe how I handle all of life’s stresses. They will see me at my best and worst. I wish I could say I will be the perfect husband and father. I wish my child

My mother-in-law sent me one of those forwarded emails with the title, "Growning up without a cell phone." I actually read it and thought it was somewhat funny (and true). If you're over 36 years old, you might get a kick out of this.

Here's the story from the email forwarded to me:

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. But now that I'm over the ripe old age of forty, I can't help but look around and no

Ahmedinejad was born in the village of Aradan to Ahmad
a blacksmith and Khanom a seyyede. In 1976 he took
Iran’s national university entrance contest and ranked 132nd out of 400,000 participants for that year. After the Islamic Revolution of 1979, Ahmadinejad became a member of the Office for strengthening Unity developed
to prevent students from allying with the budding Mojahedin-e Khalq. We began to see his interaction in politics when he became Mayor of Ardabil Province loc

Hello to all! This is my first post with Stage of Life - what a great concept - thanks to the creators!

I recently signed up with a company called 'It Works! Global' (hence the word 'detox' in the title). I LOVE it. But I'm BAD AT IT!!! I jumped in head first, completely unaware that in order to swim in the sea, you have to know how to swim!!!! An at-home business market, while dependant upon your own drive, is also dependant on start up capital, marketing ploys, networking, and

No parent in their right mind would ever even dream of handing their child a loaded gun. The thought alone is ludicrous. However, many parents unknowingly do just that. 72% of American households play video games (Industry Facts 1); games that often simulate killing. By allowing their children to play violent video games, parents are virtually teaching their children how to kill. While parents may not be handing their child a gun, handing them a controller can be just as dangerous.

“ If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. “

– Mary Engelbreit

Change is a law of nature and it is bound to occur in our lives with the ceaseless flow of time. The environment and the circumstances among which a person lives, as well as his thoughts and ideas, are varying perpetually.

It is wise to accept new order as it is inevitable. It is better to adapt and adjust ourselves to the n

Every parent faces a dilemma in raising adolescents. Originally written for teens, Jodi Picoult's novel helps learn a thing or two about parenting. It is a must-read!

NINETEEN MINUTES BY JODI PICOULT- detailed analysis of the book
In nineteen minutes you can mow the front lawn, color your hair, bake scones or fold laundry for a family of five. It’s the length of a sitcom minus the commercials. In 19 minutes you can get a pizza delivered. You can stop the world or jump of i

I once read..."It's much easier to be honest...You don't have to remember...What you've said..."...Not sure who said it...It was just something I heard along the way...And I agreed with it...Dad used to say..."I want the truth...And I want it now..."...End. Of. Story... He followed that...By living it...He was an honest man...

He had seven children...He had two choices: He could teach us to be honest by his example...OR he could expect us to be honest...While being dishonest himself.

<<Prev  3 of 4    Next>>