Questions and Stories about Raising a Family

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that parents have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a story to share about your experiences as a parent? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Raising a Family Questions and Stories

Having mixed feelings about a close friend who just got married. She had a fairly traditional wedding. A lot of work, time, and money spent by friends and family. Only to find out she will not be legally married for many years down the road. It feels icky that was not disclosed upfront. Am I wrong for those feelings?

We currently have a son, 10 months old and another baby is on the way...
My issue is not so much of lack of trust but lack of respect. I have voiced that I do not appreciate him going out to see his friends late at night. He has his friends come over our place almost every single day during the day time and they tend to stay for very long. I would prefer the guests would leave at the same hour I put our son to sleep but that is usually ignored. Moreover, I get extremely annoyed when he go

The first few years of marriage is the hardest. Add in a baby or two and hard is a serious understatement. Looking back, getting married and starting a family in my early 20’s was not the best decision. At that time, I thought I knew everything and could handle any curve ball thrown my way. As a typical oldest child, I was mature, confident, tenacious, and ‘in it to win it.’ Life I mean….. There was no challenge too high.

What I quickly realized is that being married when you are lit