Disney Travel Tips?

thiegsr
I am in the midst of planning a Disney vacation. My husband and I have not been to Disney World for 15 years, and I am shocked at how complicated the planning process for a magical time has become. Some of the most popular restaurants suggest making reservations 180 days in advance!

Our trip is in the middle of May and we already have lodging (not a Disney resort, but a beautiful resort a few miles away from "the world"). The travel books are a bit overwhelming, and I am looking for some good practical advice about traveling with a 5 year old and a 1 year old. We are thinking about 3-4 days in the parks - focusing on Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom.

Any experiential wisdom or tips are welcome.
Comment by ksmama

We jsut went to Disney World last summer when our son was 3 1/2 & I have a big review of our trip, places we ate and such on my personal blog. http://livinglovingandbloggingmylife.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html
It's TOO long to repost on here! Anyways, you are going to have a ball! Make sure you have a stroller that can lay back pretty far so your 1 year old can nap while you are out and about. I talk about that on there too! Also, be sure to get an autograph book & be sure you pack a sharpie with the click action as these are easier for the characters to hold and write with. Do the Meal package if you have not! I definatly reccomend this if you are staying at one of their resorts! You might want 2 days at the Magic Kingdom, we did. We also hit the other three though. Oh & expect that this is a working vacation - FUN and the best trip ever, our son is still talking about the trip & all of the memories from 10 months ago!
Have fun! I'm so envious!
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:26:38 PM
Comment by ksmama

One more thing- take an extra outfit for each into the park. Be sure you have each set in a ziplock. We had an accident & so that I didnt' stink everyone out of the bathroom I changed him in - I was able to put his dirty underwear and shorts in a ziplock bag before I put it in the trash!
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:28:07 PM