CRAYOLA MODEL MAGIC TO THE RESCUE!

Nadalee
There is a product that is so perfect in every way to me, as a mom, that I keep it around the house at all times. That product is.....CRAYOLA MODEL MAGIC!

Allow me to sing the praises of Model Magic! Model Magic is a modeling compound that is lightweight; doesn't stain or crumble; can be joined to other surfaces, and dries completely to make a durable "finished product." My daughter Melissa and her friends are crazy about it...(me too, in case you couldn't tell)!

Model Magic far exceeds plain old Play-Doh, if you ask me. Melissa is less frustrated with Model Magic, since it doesn't get those big cracks in it like Play-Doh does. She has created adorable cats, and....well, okay, cats are just about all she likes to create right now....but Model Magic allows her to mold these cats into all different positions!

Model Magic is great for inspiring not-too-messy bouts of creativity. It's the perfect "boredom buster" on a rainy day, or during those long school breaks when I hear those dreaded words, "Mom! I'm bored!"

It's Model Magic to the rescue! Better to inspire creativity then mindless TV watching, right? Besides, actually making something with her bare hands is a nice "old fashioned" break for my daugter, as opposed to playing endless video games and CD ROMs.

Model Magic even has the power to turn a disastrous Play-Date around. This very occassion occurred just last week. Melissa's friend Fiona came over, and the girls couldn't agree on anything.

Fiona wanted to "pretend to be princesses." Melissa wanted to "pretend to be cats." Then Fiona wanted to watch cartoons. But Melissa wanted to play. Oh, it was getting ugly up there in my daugter's room! Luckily, I had some handy squares of Model Magic around.

"How would you girls like to make something?" I asked cheerily, poking my head into the room.

Melissa and Fiona looked at each other.

"Sure!"

I set them up at the kitchen table, where they happily molded things with Model Magic for over an hour. (No wonder they call that stuff "magic")!

Plus, making things with Model Magic is a fun way to bond with my daughter while creating Holiday crafts, since Model Magic is available in all different colors (orange pumpkins and red hearts,anyone? Or in Melissa's case, it would be an orange cat and a red cat)!

I'm even thinking of using Model Magic for the "craft portion" of my daughter's upcoming cat-themed birthday party. Everyone can make Model Magic cats!

So I just want to say, Thank you Crayola for creating the perfect, low-cost, most creative, most sanity-saving product, around. I can't imagine my life as a mom without Model Magic!

Hi, my name is Megan and I am Stage of Life's PR coordinator. I just wanted to let you know that we featured your article on the Stage of Life Facebook page today. If you would like to check it, out go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stage-of-Life/70579036609

Thanks and keep up the great writing :)
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:47:27 PM
Comment by shamaker

Ah, the joy of having something to keep little hands busy! We love PlayDoah and modeling clay, play foam and pipe cleaners. Anything to keep minds and fingers engaged can turn an ordinary day into something magical.

For the older set, try teaching knitting or crocheting or model-making if moldable substances are frowned upon as "too young" for them.
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:04:17 PM
Comment by Nadalee

Yes! Feature it on Facebook! I think that's great! I really like this site....I don't know why I didn't discover it sooner! Thanks, Shamaker, for the great ideas!
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:52:55 PM
Comment by kmorri11

This crayola model magic sounds awesome! I was definitely a fan of play-doh when I was a kid, so I can only imagine this :)
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:37:46 PM

Hi, I'm the PR Coordinator for Stage of Life. I'm leaving you this comment to let you know that your essay for our Raising a Family Writing Contest is the WINNER!!!

Congratulations!

Feel free to share this news with your friends and family. To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 3:00:09 PM