Making my sisters my new daughters.

My_Porch
I am the oldest out of 4. Married now for 5 years, have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and I'm 28.

Our mom died March 2, 2011 just 2 days before her 46th birthday.

My sisters have their dad, but he's in his 80s. He acts though maybe in his 60s but he's still a guy and they still need a mom being 12 and just turned 14. I will be getting them for the summer and various time though out the year.

Their dad is my step and is a very nice gentlemen. He and I both want me to be an intricate part of their lives. While swallowing down the grief of our mom passing I'm left with a void on help to raise not only my daughter, but now my sisters as being the head woman in our family so to speak.

My grandmother raised me, my dads mom. She passed on a year before my own child was born and my mom was around to help for the first year but than dropped out of sight to "do her own thing". By doing so and leaving my step dad who is a wonderful man, running off with her best friends boyfriend while still being married has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth still.

She abandoned me once again.

Only to take my sisters to another state away from the only family they knew.

She caught MRSA outside from a hospital, and went to the ER on a Saturday and was dead by Wednesday night. I found out from a next of kin call when she was incoherent and they were needing permission for treatments.

She had left my sisters alone and somewhere they did not know, stranded. My step dad raced down there to take care of them while we waited and hoped that mom would pull through.

She never did.

My sisters are good girls, home-schooled until the 5th grade, they're rather quiet and relaxed girls for their age.

Now I am left once again to pick up the broken pieces mom has left me...ever since the day she walked out on me and dad when I was only 18 months old...

We also have a brother, he's half siblings as well. His health is poor, he's 20 this month and has violent seizures among other things. He's currently with another family member as mom left him when he was 6 months old. That family member is in bad health and may not live long and he too soon may be living with me and need my guidance and strength.

Some have told me to let him live in a half way house and such. Others saying things similar about my sisters.

I REFUSE!

They are family and i would never even consider it as a thought. But my sisters having been closer to mom than me and my bro have, I worry.

I wonder.

How can I be the mother figure they need in their life, be a mom to my daughter and also a sister to all my siblings as well?

Hi, my name is Megan and I am Stage of Life's PR coordinator. I just wanted to let you know that we featured your article on the Stage of Life Facebook page today. If you would like to check it, out go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stage-of-Life/70579036609

Thanks and keep up the great writing :)
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:55:26 PM
Comment by My_Porch

That's so cool!!! Thank you so much!
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 8:26:57 AM
Comment by shamaker

This is tough to deal with, but I don't think you'll ever regret taking in your sisters and doing what you can for your brother. But don't forget to take time to grieve yourself.
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:46:59 AM