I overcame… the struggles of maintaining my family life

Leuress
Caring for my children is one of the most difficult things to overcome this school year because I have four children. They are a handful, but I only live with two of the four. Every morning I awake to fix my children breakfast and get them ready for school. After breakfast, I have a 25-minute drive to get them to school. Hopefully, I don’t get caught by the same train that usually brings me to a halt, which is a big headache. Next, I dodge traffic to get to the airport parking lot and ride a shuttle bus to the actual airport to start my long day checking in a mob of airline passengers for their flights. It’s my job to handle their luggage and collect my tips and fees throughout the day. When I get off work, I back track my steps to pick up my children from school. Then we all head to the house to have a little lunch. We complete homework together and watch some television before getting there baths. After, I finish with that I am off to my second job at UPS, which is very labor-intensive, and I am already tired before I get there. After all, the night is not over yet because my children are waiting for me to get home.

My ex-wife is another struggle because she won’t save her money to buy a vehicle so I am faced with the responsibility of taking her wherever she thinks she needs go. We don’t really get along or see eye-to-eye because she believes in all fun and no work. Now I have only one current job so I can fulfill my dream of going back to school to better myself for my children. Times are much harder for me because the money I was making was very good. School was the last thing on my mind, but as time went on, my back started to give out daily. I knew then that this working class life of hard labor had to change at my young age, and I had to go back to school.

LEURESS
Comment by LisaGraf

Hang in there! I, too, have 4 children, all under the age of 5. I'm a stay at home mom, but I lead small groups of Bible studies at my church, I am writing a book, as well as teaching cake decorating and running a small cake decorating business on the side. It's easy to get caught up in the day to day hustle and bustle, but a loving, safe home and a close relationship with your children by far outweighs any monetary materialistic thing you could provide for them. I'd just encourage you to focus on building your children up and connecting with each of them daily. Being a parent is so incredibly difficult but it is also the most rewarding experience!
Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2011 4:54:54 AM