STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

And then came Yolanda

ackerlane41
My fiance and I just relocated to a new state. We have a nice home with an extra room. We are pretty private people but on occasion we have people come over and have a good time. I was surprise when my fiance called me from the hair salon to tell me she extended an invitation to her hair stylist of 6 years to come and stay with us. She wants to open her own beauty shop where we live. I was okay with it at the time and said Okay! Then doubt started to creep in. I told my fiance a long time ago before we moved that I wanted to meet her friends and that included Yolanda the stylist.That never happened. All I know about Yolanda is that she does my fiance's hair. I explained to my fiance I started to have some mix feelings about this being that I never met Yolanda and the only reason why I'm meeting her today is the invitation to stay at our home. My fiance begin to explain that Yolanda is a great person and that she's quiet, I won't even know she's here. My fiance further explained that Yolanda will be in out as she will be staying somewhere else a couple of nights out the week. I got to say I didn't know my fiance was the host of the year type. We never did this before. My fiance is the type who likes to come home and walk around in her shorts. I explained to my fiance I do all the cooking, cleaning and making sure this house is in order. Now I got to worry about Yolanda and her needs. This is going to make things awkward on so many levels she don't understand. All she's worried about is now she's got to put on pants. We have a child with special needs to consider is routine and schedule. Hold on to your rocker folks this one may blow you over. My fiance did not tell me that she extended the stay to the month were getting married which is in 7 months. I wanted to shake her and ask her what the you know what is wrong with you? Why would you do that? I could see 1 to 2 months. Do you remember how long it took for me to get comfortable with you? Now I'm suppose to be June Cleaver and fake like everything is okay? I feel so terrible because I love helping people but why can't I just let this go and be a wonderful host? I wake up and go to bed thinking about this. It's killing me inside. The first 2 times she came I cook, made her a plate she didn't say thank you. I told my fiance this and she those millennials are not like us. I waited one night to cook because she ask my fiance to pick up her friends from the airport didn't call all day. I start dinner then she calls and ask can she go get them. I told her well I will warm up dinner when you get back. So she called her back and told her no she would have to pick them up. I notice she says thank you more or is this because my fiance said something to her?Its been 3 weeks our guest talks to my fiance and I feel like I'm not in the loop. She barely talks to me because she don't know me nor do I know her. I talk to my fiance again only this time it aggravate her to the point of saying, Fine I will ask Yolanda to move out. I started to cry and told her no I will do better with dealing with it. Yolanda will be here for 7 months coming in and out our home. My fiance is the breadwinner, I feel like second hand coach. I'm beginning to have headaches which I never had before this happened. I know its stress. I never knew how much I like my privacy and being able to feel comfortable in my own home until this happened. Couples beware and please be considerate of the love of your life feelings. Help me with this one because I do not know what to say to my fiance or Yolanda. My fiance and I got along so well but this is making the relationship very difficult. Should I just keep my mouth shut and keep it inside?
Rate this:

Parents blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for parents.  It allows people who are raising a family to share stories about the adventure of parenthood in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about raising a family, or check out the writing contest for parents, quotes about parenthood, parenting etiquette, funny videos about kids, discounts for families, and other resources for raising a family on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your family, and pass along your wisdom to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.

Stage of Life Writing Contests

writing contests

Enter National Writing ContestWriting Contests

From 2010 to 2016, StageofLife.com ran a monthly, multi-generational writing contest.  With over 3,000,000 visitors and tens of thousands of participating students, teachers, parents, and bloggers involved over half a decade, StageofLife.com grew into the world's largest multi-generational writing community.

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhere is the Writing Contest Now?  As StageofLife.com grew into a global writing destination, the coordination of managing an international writing contest became too time intensive for the website's owners.  So starting on Sept. 4, 2016, StageofLife.com unfortunately had to end the writing contest portion of its services. 

However, we are now actively looking for new owners of StageofLife.com who may want to carry on the mission of helping to change the world, one story at a time.  If you know someone who may be interested in taking StageofLife.com to the next level, we can share details around the opportunity.  Please send an email to our owners if there's interest to acquire the website.

But in the meantime, there's still plenty to see and do here - just check out the various links and menus on the page.

Past Annual Writing Contest Results:  While the energy and time to carry on the StageofLife.com writing contest has come to a close, you can see summary reports and the winners from the monthly contests on our Writing Contest Winners page.  Tens of thousands of people have submitted essays over the last six years.  Our editorial team has been extremely grateful for all of the wonderful essays shared over the years - words and stories that have helped us change the world, one story at a time.

Sincerely,

--StageofLife.com owners Eric & Rebecca Thiegs and Joe & Lisa Thiegs

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes were part of the fun for participants of the free writing contests on StageofLife.com.

Mentions for the Stage of Life teen writing contests, teen trend reports, etiquette Q&A, and teacher resources by...

Our writing contests mentioned by TIME.com
Our Teen Trend Report mentioned by MarketWatch Our etiquette resources mentioned by FOX Business Educator tips mentioned by Mashable

Each month over half a decade, Stage of Life hosted and judged writing contests for both students and adults.  We thank the below brands - our educational sponsors - who supplied gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we helped the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Spa & Wellness gift cards by SpaWeek 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat made our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests were always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe
  • We wanted to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We picked writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We awarded the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, writers were supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and their words reached hundreds of thousands of viewers who visited StageofLife.com

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy