Questions and Stories about Having a Baby

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories those having a baby have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a pregnancy or newborn story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Having a Baby Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Special Needs

The secret of happiness lies on how you act on life every day. As a first time mom, the first few months was the hardest. I thought reading books, online forums and information about motherhood or parenting was enough preparation, but it wasn't. The real challenge was when my little girl was born. The hours of sleepless nights were exhausting, but when she looks at me like telling me how much she loves me brought new meaning to my life. I miss those first few months of witn

Being born a premature baby is not smooth sailing. Premi's, another name for premature babies, encounter many diseases, disorders, and sicknesses because their body or immune system has not had enough time to develop. I myself was a premature baby. I weighed a mere Two pounds and twelve ounces at birth and was kept in the hospital for six months until my immune system was strong enough for me to go into the real world. Many people are not aware of all of the things premature babies go through a

The mother pressured to have an abortion. Needing love. Living without parents. Needing love. Infertile, living without children. Needing love. Adoption awareness.

Try to see it from a new perspective; all these children...So many parents, desiring children. This is a time to look for the opportunity for love when the situation, as a whole, seems so desperate. Adoption awareness deserves its own month, because it is the answer to three main questions, being, "This is a child

My husband and I have two answers for this question (and we asked it!):

1) The Chicco LITEWAY stroller

2) The Aquarium Cradle Swing by Fischer-Price.

Both have been invaluable products for different reasons.

The Chicco LITEWAY stroller is the BEST quality we've owned and was one of the few that is rated for both newborns and older kids.

The Aquarium Cradle swing gave us another "station" for our children when they were infants. A place

Today was a bit nerve wracking. We are expecting twins and I had an appointment with a specialist to do a level two sonogram. One of my blood tests came back positive showing that the babies could have Down's Syndrome. My husband had car trouble so he could not meet me for the appointment. As I lay on the table a bit nervous about what the doctors might find, I just began to pray for people.... especially sweet mommy friends who are either expecting or want to have a baby and are not pregnant y

My wife and I will be having our second child at the end of May. The interesting part about having this baby is that I'll be performing the role of the "doula."

Yes...Daddy the Doula.

For those that don't know, a "doula" is a childbirth coach that specializes in helping the parents, in particular the mother, have a comfortable, natural childbirth with as little pain as possible. We're defining "Natural Childbirth" in this sense as...

No medicine.
No e

If I had the option, I would stay home. But as it is with our budget, I must work. However, my employer doesn’t provide either a private place or a time for a breast feeding mother to pump during the work day. I’ve asked about this one-on-one with my boss but she refuses to budge on providing “special privileges” for some employees but not others. I don’t get it. I have coworkers who leave to walk outside for a smoke break but I’m seen as some trouble maker for requesting a place to pump. Am I