Questions and Stories about Having a Baby

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories those having a baby have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a pregnancy or newborn story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Having a Baby Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Safety

Though the popularity of reality TV shows that glamorize teen pregnancy like "16 & Pregnant" or "Teen Mom" might make it seem like the teenage pregnancy rate is rising, statistics show that the number of babies born to teenage moms is actually going down. Though teens may be more sexually active than in the past, a wider range of options are available for teens to prevent pregnancy. To obtain birth control pills, a girl can simply walk into a center like Planned Parenthood where she can receive

My best friend just had her first baby this summer, and since October she's been gushing about the boy's Christmas outfit, his picture with Santa, and showing him off to family. And as a close friend to this new family, I'm excited as well, but, I can't help from thinking of the lurking H1N1, and I can't forget that I was bedridden for three days just last week, despite a yearly flu shot. What I'd like to know: is it impolite to keep the newborn from being held or kissed in fear of him or her g