Questions and Stories about Having a Baby

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories those having a baby have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a pregnancy or newborn story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Having a Baby Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Relationships

"Jamie and Jon went to the hospital, she is having the baby!" Hearing the news had me making a mad dash to the hospital in hopes that I would be there to welcome my first grandchild into the world.
As I enter the room, I receive a smile from Jamie, my grandchild's mother. Overwhelmed with excitement and happiness, I fail to recognize that I had missed the birth by mere minutes. I feel like a major dope when she pulls this beautiful baby from beneath her hospital gown where he was nursing

So, in a few weeks my first and only nephew is turning the big first digit, one year old and as his favorite (and only) aunt it is my job to get him something awesome for his birthday. As a college student and younger sibling, I have absolutely no child-rearing skills what so ever or have any idea of what babies would like to play with or receive for their birthdays. I can only go by what I see other people buying for kids and precious memories remembered from my own childhood. It was on this l

I once attended a baby shower and one of the activities was to pass around a little spiral book and write down your best piece of advice for the soon-to-be new mom. Then everyone would vote on the top three for door prizes. I won with the following piece of advice: Do not try to give your kids what you feel you missed out on or lacked in your childhood. Raise them in the moment because they are not you and will not have the same wants and needs that you did. If you try to fill your voids i

Teen pregnancy is one of the most common things there is in this day in age. This craze is everywhere from the television shows, to grocery stores, to even your own child’s school. Believe it or not thought this phenomenon is actually on the decline. There are still about 367,752 babies born to teenagers though. I believe that there such a decline in teen pregnancy for two reasons. One is that there is more contraception available to sexually active teens. The second is that there is more publi

First off, I’d like to say that I think pregnancy is a beautiful thing; there is just a right time for it to take place. Pregnancy of girl teenagers – from 15 to 19 years of age – has had a downfall in numbers. Teenagers that are still in school are seen by today’s society as “careless”, “reckless”, and “irresponsible.” Teenage pregnancy rates are declining because of this, because they are aware of their future, television shows teenagers the reality of being a “teen mom”, and the thought of t

Awareness is raised for many good, important causes. Trying to stop the spread of AIDS. Promoting racial equality and harmony. Ending world hunger.

Yet they all stem from one core cause: life. They are attempting to sustain and improve the quality of life for people.

If I could dedicate a month to raising awareness, it would be for the sanctity of human life. Every stage of life should be respected. The beginning of life is just as important as any other point in a person

They say there is a correct way of doing things. Being from a large Catholic family I am very aware of this. It has been instilled in me from a very young age. Even as a small girl in my Catholic school uniform (knee highs and all) I can remember chanting little songs, "First comes love. Second comes marriage. Then comes Amy pushing a baby carriage."

But what happens when you try that route, and it just doesn't work for you? Is that it? Is your happiness over? Do you sit around

I think that Marriage isn't ffor everybody.To get Married I believe you should be in love and be happy together, Because you have the rest of your life to live with him/her.Marriage is very easy to get into but hard to get out of.My suggestion is to make sure that you and your spouse is happy with each other and in love,if not you and him/her are not a good match.Teen Marriage , I don't believe in that , I think that they shouldn't get married young even if you get pregnant for him because you

One of my co-workers is pregnant and due right around Christmas. Our office is going in on a group gift (thankfully I'm not in charge of that effort) but I'd like to get something small for her too - like $20.

Since I'm not in this stage of life, I'd love any insights on something that might be meaningful or helpful and show that I had some forethought.

Any suggestions?

My wife and I are about to have a second baby in five weeks!

We're not expecting a baby shower this time around (we're having another girl - just like our first child so we really don't need stuff), but I was curious on what the "social norm" is regarding showers for second children?

We wouldn't throw this ourselves obviously but are curious. We've been to showers for second babies and then we've heard people say it's not exactly kosher. Both seem right.

<<Prev  2 of 3    Next>>