Questions and Stories about Having a Baby

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories those having a baby have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a pregnancy or newborn story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Having a Baby Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Relationships

The secret of happiness lies on how you act on life every day. As a first time mom, the first few months was the hardest. I thought reading books, online forums and information about motherhood or parenting was enough preparation, but it wasn't. The real challenge was when my little girl was born. The hours of sleepless nights were exhausting, but when she looks at me like telling me how much she loves me brought new meaning to my life. I miss those first few months of witn

There are so many stories I could tell you about our journey to get pregnant. In fact, I have a journal spanning 250 pages and over two years that details every little development. But I hit on something yesterday that was a sort of epiphany. As a father-to-be, I am seriously in love with my unborn daughter. I am not afraid to express it publicly. I want to participate in every aspect of the pregnancy that I can. In fact, I scan the Internet every evening, looking for contests to enter to

First of all, congratulations on your on your pregnancy. You are about to enter the most important stage in life –Motherhood, and with it comes its ups and downs. I remember I was very excited when I learnt of my pregnancy and each day my tummy grew bigger, I could imagine having little Timmy in my arms, crawling in the living room, taking his first baby steps, running in the backyard with his playmates, his first day in school,…all the way to the time he’ll start his own family. I was so much

My favorite (and, at the time, least favorite) pregnancy moment was finding out I was pregnant.

I drank a literal bowl of alcohol the night before at a tiki restaurant (Trader Vic's) for my husband's grandmother's 90th birthday.

He asked me that night if I had taken my pregnancy test yet, and I slurred, "I'll take it in da morning, iz probly fine!"

So I took it in the morning, and it was not fine. I stared down at two pink lines while crouched, naked, over my in

Hello, I really need some advice. I lost my mother 4 painful years ago. My father started seriously dating someone about 10 months ago; to say that we haven't bonded in any way is an understatement. I am 18 weeks pregnant and in the midst of planning my baby shower.

I want to play nice and do the right thing but my gut instinct is telling me to invite who I want to invite.

The question is ... am I obligated to invite my dad's new girlfriend?

Having a baby! The emotions of a man and woman are mostly different when we see the two stripes on the test. A dad feels happy definitely, then he starts getting a more responsible feeling, he has to plan financially, he has to cut down on some fun trips and choose the best doctor for the mom and baby. He thinks about getting all nutritious info for the mom to be. He feels his shoulders are more broad, mustache more thick and little more seriousness on his face, enjoying responsible fatherhood.

You realize you are late, so you take a pregnancy test.

Well I wasn’t late. I got a weird feeling that I was pregnant, so I decided to take a pregnancy test. Well I took one before I went to bed, which I know you aren’t supposed to do. I waited like two minutes. It only showed one line, so I just threw it away. Well I went to bed and decided I would take another one in the morning. I woke up in the middle of the night, and I thought it was morning. So I took another test… I waited tw

Dear Diary,
It has been a while since we last rendezvous and I must apologise for that. I have been struggling to keep my relationship together, raising my five month old daughter, being back out to work and completing my masters.
My life has changed so much in the past year. The news of my daughter was one of the most exciting time of my life and you know I have had some exciting times. The pregnancy was nothing people said it would be. They all said it would be a joy and the best t

If my husband and I are going to do something "spontaneous" we schedule which night we are going to do it. We put in our calendar on July 12th, "do something spontaneous 7pm-10pm" If we are going to pick somewhere "random" to eat, we usually decide on what type of food and what area of the city, then we go pick somewhere "random." We love living with a schedule. When I became pregnant, our goal was to find a way to stick to a schedule with a baby. So, the first thing I did…go to my ultimate hel

im 14 now... but when i was 13 years old i had a beautiful baby boy named Zackary... he became adopted by a loving rich family.. the story is .. i was smoking pot when i was thirteen and, i got really stupid and i had sex with my boyfriend... then later found out i was pregnant.... 9 months later... i was giving birth.. it started when i was using the restroom and i called my mother, and i said " i cant get up " she said "WHY?" i said " Im in labor"... and here i am today alone and thinking abo