Questions and Stories about Having a Baby

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories those having a baby have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a pregnancy or newborn story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Having a Baby Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Money

It have been a clear evidence that having a baby is also one of the successful way of life, the name of my baby is Cain, he was born on the 6 of march, doing his mother pregnancy he behave funny mostly sighted in his mother belly and making a sign of freedom,enjoyment and wellness on the top of the woman's belly after. His birth is a freshness and relieve from pain of carrying a weight human, I know it wasn't easy, but how will we do without a child,I know how i look on that day how i looked h

Advantage or disadvantage using 5 or more credit cards?

Advantage or disadvantage using 5 or more credit cards?A staggering 9.2 million of us in the UK own 5 or more credit cards. I suppose this is hardly surprising given the last few years in the UK financial services industry, credit has been made far too easily available to people who either don’t fully understand the financial products they’ve applied for or simply couldn’t afford to make their repayments on mortgages, loans and

So, in a few weeks my first and only nephew is turning the big first digit, one year old and as his favorite (and only) aunt it is my job to get him something awesome for his birthday. As a college student and younger sibling, I have absolutely no child-rearing skills what so ever or have any idea of what babies would like to play with or receive for their birthdays. I can only go by what I see other people buying for kids and precious memories remembered from my own childhood. It was on this l

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on

One of my co-workers is pregnant and due right around Christmas. Our office is going in on a group gift (thankfully I'm not in charge of that effort) but I'd like to get something small for her too - like $20.

Since I'm not in this stage of life, I'd love any insights on something that might be meaningful or helpful and show that I had some forethought.

Any suggestions?

My husband and I have two answers for this question (and we asked it!):

1) The Chicco LITEWAY stroller

2) The Aquarium Cradle Swing by Fischer-Price.

Both have been invaluable products for different reasons.

The Chicco LITEWAY stroller is the BEST quality we've owned and was one of the few that is rated for both newborns and older kids.

The Aquarium Cradle swing gave us another "station" for our children when they were infants. A place

With our baby on the way - I'm curious to hear what people think about the company that makes the best diaper and why?

Should I buy Pampers? Huggies? Luvs? Cloth diapers?

Who should get my business when I buy that first batch of diapers?

My wife and I are about to have a second baby in five weeks!

We're not expecting a baby shower this time around (we're having another girl - just like our first child so we really don't need stuff), but I was curious on what the "social norm" is regarding showers for second children?

We wouldn't throw this ourselves obviously but are curious. We've been to showers for second babies and then we've heard people say it's not exactly kosher. Both seem right.

If I had the option, I would stay home. But as it is with our budget, I must work. However, my employer doesn’t provide either a private place or a time for a breast feeding mother to pump during the work day. I’ve asked about this one-on-one with my boss but she refuses to budge on providing “special privileges” for some employees but not others. I don’t get it. I have coworkers who leave to walk outside for a smoke break but I’m seen as some trouble maker for requesting a place to pump. Am I