Questions and Stories about Having a Baby

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories those having a baby have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a pregnancy or newborn story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Having a Baby Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Ethical Dilemmas

Hello, I really need some advice. I lost my mother 4 painful years ago. My father started seriously dating someone about 10 months ago; to say that we haven't bonded in any way is an understatement. I am 18 weeks pregnant and in the midst of planning my baby shower.

I want to play nice and do the right thing but my gut instinct is telling me to invite who I want to invite.

The question is ... am I obligated to invite my dad's new girlfriend?

Recently in the news, Arkansas has been noticed because of its ban on abortion after a woman is twelve weeks pregnant. People that are for women’s rights are protesting this because they say that the new law is unconstitutional. The supporters of the law say that termination of pregnancy should corroborate with the detection of fetal heartbeat. In most states, a woman can choose to terminate her pregnancy up to twenty-four weeks in which case the fetus already has a heartbeat and has a chanc

Dear Wesley,

My name is Jacque. I hope you know my name. I am the one who created you. The one who loved you even though I couldn’t see you. The one who put my life on hold so you could be here. The one that has loved you before you knew what life was. I am your birth mom.
Wes, I specially chose your mom and dad and older sister for you. I met them, and befriended them, and they are the greatest family in the whole world, trust me, I would have never let anyone less than perfe

Awareness is raised for many good, important causes. Trying to stop the spread of AIDS. Promoting racial equality and harmony. Ending world hunger.

Yet they all stem from one core cause: life. They are attempting to sustain and improve the quality of life for people.

If I could dedicate a month to raising awareness, it would be for the sanctity of human life. Every stage of life should be respected. The beginning of life is just as important as any other point in a person

My question is, "Do you believe in miracles? Do you believe that there is divine intervention in your life? Have you ever been in a situation where you were in danger and you probably should have died? Have you ever been healed from a sickness or disease with no rational explanation of "how"?

And did you see today's headline story on Yahoo? It is titled, "Pregnant Woman Gets Pregnant". Most of you who know a bit about me here on Stage of Life already realize I am child lover to no e

If I had the option, I would stay home. But as it is with our budget, I must work. However, my employer doesn’t provide either a private place or a time for a breast feeding mother to pump during the work day. I’ve asked about this one-on-one with my boss but she refuses to budge on providing “special privileges” for some employees but not others. I don’t get it. I have coworkers who leave to walk outside for a smoke break but I’m seen as some trouble maker for requesting a place to pump. Am I