Questions and Stories about Having a Baby

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories those having a baby have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a pregnancy or newborn story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Having a Baby Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on

Though the popularity of reality TV shows that glamorize teen pregnancy like "16 & Pregnant" or "Teen Mom" might make it seem like the teenage pregnancy rate is rising, statistics show that the number of babies born to teenage moms is actually going down. Though teens may be more sexually active than in the past, a wider range of options are available for teens to prevent pregnancy. To obtain birth control pills, a girl can simply walk into a center like Planned Parenthood where she can receive

My wife and I will be having our second child at the end of May. The interesting part about having this baby is that I'll be performing the role of the "doula."

Yes...Daddy the Doula.

For those that don't know, a "doula" is a childbirth coach that specializes in helping the parents, in particular the mother, have a comfortable, natural childbirth with as little pain as possible. We're defining "Natural Childbirth" in this sense as...

No medicine.
No e