Questions and Stories about Having a Baby

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories those having a baby have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a pregnancy or newborn story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Having a Baby Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: General Questions

He presented himself to the world without aid, while I was laying crooked on a gurney. It was the wee hours of the morning in a little 8 bed hospital. There was only one nurse, who was quite long of tooth. She had come in to check me, walked away saying I had lots of time but as she reached for the door handle a contraction hit and I yelled. "The baby's coming."
This was my third child and I knew the drill, I knew that it took a long time to dilate to five, but when I got there it was a m

If my husband and I are going to do something "spontaneous" we schedule which night we are going to do it. We put in our calendar on July 12th, "do something spontaneous 7pm-10pm" If we are going to pick somewhere "random" to eat, we usually decide on what type of food and what area of the city, then we go pick somewhere "random." We love living with a schedule. When I became pregnant, our goal was to find a way to stick to a schedule with a baby. So, the first thing I did…go to my ultimate hel

It was the most exciting yet terrifying experience of my life! I was immediately in love and at the same time I had no idea how I was going to be able to meet all the needs of this precious new life. Even though I had read the books and talked to others who were already seasoned vets it did not prepare me for all the adventures I was about to set out on.

The first overwhelming obstacle for me personally was the breast feeding. I did not understand why my milk was not coming in. The n

I once attended a baby shower and one of the activities was to pass around a little spiral book and write down your best piece of advice for the soon-to-be new mom. Then everyone would vote on the top three for door prizes. I won with the following piece of advice: Do not try to give your kids what you feel you missed out on or lacked in your childhood. Raise them in the moment because they are not you and will not have the same wants and needs that you did. If you try to fill your voids i

China is a large eastern country in southern Asia with an interesting climate, an exciting geography, and a rich history. China has a large population and many bordering states. And china is filled with many interesting facts.
China has a history that stretches back thousands of years.it is one of the world’s largest countries behind Russia and Canada. In Chinese history there were dynasties. Dynasties are a long line of heredity rulers. There were nine well known dynasties, the Shang, Zho

Recently in the news, Arkansas has been noticed because of its ban on abortion after a woman is twelve weeks pregnant. People that are for women’s rights are protesting this because they say that the new law is unconstitutional. The supporters of the law say that termination of pregnancy should corroborate with the detection of fetal heartbeat. In most states, a woman can choose to terminate her pregnancy up to twenty-four weeks in which case the fetus already has a heartbeat and has a chanc

Downton Abbey, the castle, is crusted with moss and pitted with age. Its Bath-stone walls were put into place mid-nineteenth century. Grandeur is obvious yet the people within its walls face life issues just like the rest of the world.

Lord Grantham, head of Downton has problems. Stuck-up like the stereotypical aristocrat he's lost his wife's fortune, flirted and come close to having an affair with a housemaid and cannot or does not drive a tractor even though one of his daughters

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on

Teen pregnancy has always been a serious problem, but recent tests have determined that teen birth rates have declined to an all-time low. Why? The two main reasons for this could be education and positive peer pressure.
Most teenagers in this generation have access to an exceptional education system. Schools are able to pay public speakers to share their personal experiences to students. These speakers tell about how an early pregnancy has affected the lifestyle they would have b

Teen pregnancy rates have dropped tremendously for many reasons. One reason is that more education in schools is conducted so more teens are being educated and not left to learn the hard way. Education about pregnancies in schools is very important because many teens think that nothing bad can ever happen to them but the reality of that is not true. I also believe that teen pregnancy rates have significantly dropped because in recent years the rates were very high. Because of this, it is likely