Questions and Stories about Having a Baby

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories those having a baby have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a pregnancy or newborn story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Having a Baby Questions and Stories

The secret of happiness lies on how you act on life every day. As a first time mom, the first few months was the hardest. I thought reading books, online forums and information about motherhood or parenting was enough preparation, but it wasn't. The real challenge was when my little girl was born. The hours of sleepless nights were exhausting, but when she looks at me like telling me how much she loves me brought new meaning to my life. I miss those first few months of witn

There are so many stories I could tell you about our journey to get pregnant. In fact, I have a journal spanning 250 pages and over two years that details every little development. But I hit on something yesterday that was a sort of epiphany. As a father-to-be, I am seriously in love with my unborn daughter. I am not afraid to express it publicly. I want to participate in every aspect of the pregnancy that I can. In fact, I scan the Internet every evening, looking for contests to enter to

Achieving a successful work-life balance is vital to enjoying and making the most of your time in, as well as out of, the office. According to the latest research of HSE, nearly 39% of all work-related illnesses were caused by stress, anxiety or depression in the workplace.
Yes, you work hard, and you’re career-driven, but sometimes this can cause early burnout when you feel

First of all, congratulations on your on your pregnancy. You are about to enter the most important stage in life –Motherhood, and with it comes its ups and downs. I remember I was very excited when I learnt of my pregnancy and each day my tummy grew bigger, I could imagine having little Timmy in my arms, crawling in the living room, taking his first baby steps, running in the backyard with his playmates, his first day in school,…all the way to the time he’ll start his own family. I was so much

Previously in the society, the woman’s responsibility was bearing children and taking care of her family. But that mentality long gone and women nowadays work and take care of their families concurrently. We are not known for ‘strength of a woman’ for nothing. I was born in the 80’s and I remember my mum going to work every single day, but she still made sure I did my homework, brushed my teeth

How to make life easier for pupils and students, who enter these institutions for the first time? All loving parents raise this question. It is enough to competently plan a day of a child and read the following tips.

1. Never send a child to some circle or section while he in the first grade
The beginning of the "adult" school life is considered to b

Traveling becomes ever widespread, and today it is more of a habit than something out of ordinary. More and more people opt for individual travels, and independent trips are gaining the momentum. Independent traveling requires you to be smart, quick and dexterous – this all makes your travels efficient. To add value to your trips, read carefully the below recommendation

My favorite (and, at the time, least favorite) pregnancy moment was finding out I was pregnant.

I drank a literal bowl of alcohol the night before at a tiki restaurant (Trader Vic's) for my husband's grandmother's 90th birthday.

He asked me that night if I had taken my pregnancy test yet, and I slurred, "I'll take it in da morning, iz probly fine!"

So I took it in the morning, and it was not fine. I stared down at two pink lines while crouched, naked, over my in

Hello, I really need some advice. I lost my mother 4 painful years ago. My father started seriously dating someone about 10 months ago; to say that we haven't bonded in any way is an understatement. I am 18 weeks pregnant and in the midst of planning my baby shower.

I want to play nice and do the right thing but my gut instinct is telling me to invite who I want to invite.

The question is ... am I obligated to invite my dad's new girlfriend?

Having a baby! The emotions of a man and woman are mostly different when we see the two stripes on the test. A dad feels happy definitely, then he starts getting a more responsible feeling, he has to plan financially, he has to cut down on some fun trips and choose the best doctor for the mom and baby. He thinks about getting all nutritious info for the mom to be. He feels his shoulders are more broad, mustache more thick and little more seriousness on his face, enjoying responsible fatherhood.

It felt like I was standing at the far end of a precipice. Overlooking the vast ocean, my struggle was that of fear. Should I jump not knowing if I’d land safely or should I avoid being hurt? Sitting at the doctor’s office from what I thought had been a stomach virus, I was told the very surprising news. “You’re going to have a baby and are two months pregnant.” Quickly a myriad of emotions ran through my being as I sat dumbfounded. What do I think? What do I do? Other parents would have been t

You realize you are late, so you take a pregnancy test.

Well I wasn’t late. I got a weird feeling that I was pregnant, so I decided to take a pregnancy test. Well I took one before I went to bed, which I know you aren’t supposed to do. I waited like two minutes. It only showed one line, so I just threw it away. Well I went to bed and decided I would take another one in the morning. I woke up in the middle of the night, and I thought it was morning. So I took another test… I waited tw

I might be disabled
but don't count me out
I can play any sport
I can still scream & shout

I might not blend in
with this world full of teens
but we all still sleep
And I am still a human being

There is no difference
will you open your eyes
I am an amazing person
the one you'd want by your side

Pamela awoke with a start as a striking pain racked her body. “MOM! DAD! MARK! IT’S TIME!”, she cries. Jean, her mother, burst through the doorway taking in the scene. Pamela is doubled over her bed, one hand clutching the creme colored sheets, and the other is clasped in her husband’s hand. Pamela cries out once more, ”Mom...th...the baby...she’s..she’s coming.”
“BOOOOM!” Jean started as the thunder quaked the house, “I’ll call the ambulance! Hurricane Lake has overtaken the streets! We c

It have been a clear evidence that having a baby is also one of the successful way of life, the name of my baby is Cain, he was born on the 6 of march, doing his mother pregnancy he behave funny mostly sighted in his mother belly and making a sign of freedom,enjoyment and wellness on the top of the woman's belly after. His birth is a freshness and relieve from pain of carrying a weight human, I know it wasn't easy, but how will we do without a child,I know how i look on that day how i looked h