How My Life Changed Forever

Disengaged626
When you break it down,there's really no easy choice.

Abortion? Adoption?

Keeping and raising the baby when you, yourself are so young in life? Either way, whatever decision you make will effect your life forever,right? It was just about three months ago that I learned that I'm pregnant. I'm turning seventeen next month and a few months ago that would've seemed like the coolest thing in the world. Getting my license and growing up,huh?

But now all I can think about is my due date in October and how I can possibly handle all of this. I'm not saying that I don't have faith in myself and when people insist that I CAN'T do it or am UNABLE to do it they need to understand that their voices just make me want to be able to have and raise a baby and silence their voices.

Point blank: I KNOW I can do it, but sometimes you can't help but wonder if it's the right thing for the baby. The father of the baby isn't involved, so that's going to take a toll on the baby's life but that doesn't give me the incentive to get an abortion.

Last year, I believed that abortion should in fact be illegal. It IS taking a life in my eyes, BUT- since I've become pregnant I've realized that nobody, and I mean absolutely no one (and that includes the father of the baby or anyone else involved), should be able to tell a person what to do with their body. That's their own personal life decision and they will have to life with it.

I am determined to finish High School. I'm not naive, I know that it will be harder than anything I've faced before but I also know that in the end it will be worth it. I attend night school now and even though it was incredibly hard to tell my parents, I told them a few days after I found out and they're supportive of my decision. Of course - they weren't at first. At least, my dad wasn't but things have calmed down a bit and they're starting to accept how things are now.

Dealing with being pregnant and still having to face the same ignorant people in high school is even HARDER than being a normal high school kid. It's not a secret you can easily hide. Once the word is out and your showing- it's there. And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. People will talk - let them. They have no control over your life, right?

Course, I didn't feel that way at first when ridiculous rumors spread soon after the very true one of me being pregnant. I was angry. More angry than I'd been in a long time and I felt betrayed.
When things get tough,you notice who you can and cant trust.Who your real friends are and the ones who were just there because it was convenient at the time.
Comment by Disengaged626

Abortion? Adoption?

Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 5:13:24 AM
Comment by tianaaa14

I commend you on your courage and perseverance.

There are people who can help women have their babies and finish high school; also, maybe online school would be a good option.

As to the women controlling their own bodies, I agree. However, the child growing inside of a woman is not her own body; rather, the child is a unique human life who will imminently develop into an adult. Moreover, while the baby is dependent on the mother, the child is not part of the woman's body.

I wish you and your baby the best, and should you need any help, www.optionline.org has people willing to help you through your pregnancy and beyond.
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:01:04 PM

Baby blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for expecting parents or parents who recently had a baby.  It allows new parents the opportunity to share stories about their pregnancy and advice on the adventure of having a baby in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about having a baby, or check out the writing contest about babies, quotes about having a baby, baby etiquette, videos about having a baby, discounts for babies, and other resources for having a baby on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your pregnancy or baby, and pass along your wisdom to other new parents to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.