STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Teen Pregnancy Prevention: The Reasons for this Trend

mVira
Teen pregnancy is one of the most common things there is in this day in age. This craze is everywhere from the television shows, to grocery stores, to even your own child’s school. Believe it or not thought this phenomenon is actually on the decline. There are still about 367,752 babies born to teenagers though. I believe that there such a decline in teen pregnancy for two reasons. One is that there is more contraception available to sexually active teens. The second is that there is more publicity surrounding these pregnant girls.
Teen contraception is almost available and affordable to everyone in this day in age. The use of birth control in teens has sky rocketed. I think birth control just gives teens an excuse to be sexually active and teaches that they won’t have to take responsibility for any of their action. The same goes for contraception for males. They can be found everywhere and cashiers will just sell them to anyone. If cashiers would just ask the ages of boys buying them and if they are under 18 to not sell it to them then I’m positive that numbers of teen pregnancy would go down. This is why I think that there are just more sexually active teens due to the availability of contraception.
Teen pregnancy has become a type of “craze” in the pop culture. Now there are shows, books, blogs, and all sorts of other forms of entertainment all with the topic of teen pregnancy. One benefits which I think attributes to the decline of teen pregnancy is that teens, girls especially, see how hard it is to have a baby when you’re so young. A lot of teens end up dropping out of school to take care of their babies. As well as sometimes their parents with kick them out of the house and not try to support them. Teens also see the emotional and financial stress that having a baby can put on one. For example, when a middle class girl becomes pregnant and gets kicked out and has no money they are usually forced to live a conditions that she has never been used to. An example of emotional strain is that in most cases the boyfriend will tell their girlfriends that they usually love them when in actuality they are only trying to do other thing. Those are two other reasons why the media has attributed to the decrease in teen pregnancy.
Teen pregnancy is a growing craze in the media and a hot topic in schools everywhere. Teen pregnancy has decreased for those reasons as well as people have turned that having sex before marriage doesn’t coincide with the values that their parents have taught them. If teens just stopped and thought before they act then I’m sure that there would be substantially less pregnancy then there are already is.
Rate this:
Comment by mVira

Teen pregnancy is one of the most common things there is in this day in age. This craze is everywhere from the television shows, to grocery stores, to even your own child’s school. Believe it or not thought this phenomenon is actually on the decline. There are still about 367,752 babies born to teenagers though. I believe that there such a decline in teen pregnancy for two reasons. One is that there is more contraception available to sexually active teens. The second is that there is more publicity surrounding these pregnant girls.
Teen contraception is almost available and affordable to everyone in this day in age. The use of birth control in teens has sky rocketed. I think birth control just gives teens an excuse to be sexually active and teaches that they won’t have to take responsibility for any of their action. The same goes for contraception for males. They can be found everywhere and cashiers will just sell them to anyone. If cashiers would just ask the ages of boys buying them and if they are under 18 to not sell it to them then I’m positive that numbers of teen pregnancy would go down. This is why I think that there are just more sexually active teens due to the availability of contraception.
Teen pregnancy has become a type of “craze” in the pop culture. Now there are shows, books, blogs, and all sorts of other forms of entertainment all with the topic of teen pregnancy. One benefits which I think attributes to the decline of teen pregnancy is that teens, girls especially, see how hard it is to have a baby when you’re so young. A lot of teens end up dropping out of school to take care of their babies. As well as sometimes their parents with kick them out of the house and not try to support them. Teens also see the emotional and financial stress that having a baby can put on one. For example, when a middle class girl becomes pregnant and gets kicked out and has no money they are usually forced to live a conditions that she has never been used to. An example of emotional strain is that in most cases the boyfriend will tell their girlfriends that they usually love them when in actuality they are only trying to do other thing. Those are two other reasons why the media has attributed to the decrease in teen pregnancy.
Teen pregnancy is a growing craze in the media and a hot topic in schools everywhere. Teen pregnancy has decreased for those reasons as well as people have turned that having sex before marriage doesn’t coincide with the values that their parents have taught them. If teens just stopped and thought before they act then I’m sure that there would be substantially less pregnancy then there are already is.
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:19:05 AM
Rate this:
Comment by maraia94

I am 18 years old.
I got pregnant at 17.
I am part of that craze.
And I am not ashamed of my daughter.
She helped me turn my life around.
I had dropped out of school, was doing drugs and drinking, and I was going no where with my life.
I got pregnant and I quit EVERYTHING. Cigarettes included.
I went back to school and got my GED.
I am now in college and have everything I need for my daughter.
I have a job, and I may be living off food stamps, but I am PROUD of how much my daughter changed my life.
I was kicked out of my mom's house and lived in a shelter for 4 months.
I did everything I needed to do and did it all on my own.
Don't forget about the few girls that take up the responsibility of their actions.
Or the ones who have benefited from it.
If it wasn't for my daughter, I'd be dead or in jail.
Remember the ones who have done everything they can, and will continue to do everything they should.
Not all of us are dead beat drop outs.
Sometimes, these babies are the things that make us grow up.
-Maraia
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2012 6:31:25 PM
Rate this:

Baby blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for expecting parents or parents who recently had a baby.  It allows new parents the opportunity to share stories about their pregnancy and advice on the adventure of having a baby in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about having a baby, or check out the writing contest about babies, quotes about having a baby, baby etiquette, videos about having a baby, discounts for babies, and other resources for having a baby on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your pregnancy or baby, and pass along your wisdom to other new parents to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.

Stage of Life Writing Contests

writing contests

Enter National Writing ContestWriting Contests

From 2010 to 2016, StageofLife.com ran a monthly, multi-generational writing contest.  With over 3,000,000 visitors and tens of thousands of participating students, teachers, parents, and bloggers involved over half a decade, StageofLife.com grew into the world's largest multi-generational writing community.

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhere is the Writing Contest Now?  As StageofLife.com grew into a global writing destination, the coordination of managing an international writing contest became too time intensive for the website's owners.  So starting on Sept. 4, 2016, StageofLife.com unfortunately had to end the writing contest portion of its services. 

However, we are now actively looking for new owners of StageofLife.com who may want to carry on the mission of helping to change the world, one story at a time.  If you know someone who may be interested in taking StageofLife.com to the next level, we can share details around the opportunity.  Please send an email to our owners if there's interest to acquire the website.

But in the meantime, there's still plenty to see and do here - just check out the various links and menus on the page.

Past Annual Writing Contest Results:  While the energy and time to carry on the StageofLife.com writing contest has come to a close, you can see summary reports and the winners from the monthly contests on our Writing Contest Winners page.  Tens of thousands of people have submitted essays over the last six years.  Our editorial team has been extremely grateful for all of the wonderful essays shared over the years - words and stories that have helped us change the world, one story at a time.

Sincerely,

--StageofLife.com owners Eric & Rebecca Thiegs and Joe & Lisa Thiegs

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes were part of the fun for participants of the free writing contests on StageofLife.com.

Mentions for the Stage of Life teen writing contests, teen trend reports, etiquette Q&A, and teacher resources by...

Our writing contests mentioned by TIME.com
Our Teen Trend Report mentioned by MarketWatch Our etiquette resources mentioned by FOX Business Educator tips mentioned by Mashable

Each month over half a decade, Stage of Life hosted and judged writing contests for both students and adults.  We thank the below brands - our educational sponsors - who supplied gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we helped the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Spa & Wellness gift cards by SpaWeek 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat made our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests were always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe
  • We wanted to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We picked writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We awarded the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, writers were supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and their words reached hundreds of thousands of viewers who visited StageofLife.com

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy