Teen Pregnancy Prevention: Teens are Scared of Pregnancy

samnmacy
Teen pregnancy rates have dropped tremendously for many reasons. One reason is that more education in schools is conducted so more teens are being educated and not left to learn the hard way. Education about pregnancies in schools is very important because many teens think that nothing bad can ever happen to them but the reality of that is not true. I also believe that teen pregnancy rates have significantly dropped because in recent years the rates were very high. Because of this, it is likely that teens knew of someone that this happened to which probably scared them and caused them to be more cautious of their actions. Also, shows like Sixteen and Pregnant and Teen Mom allow teens to view the hardships of teen pregnancy and see how lives are dramatically changed not always for the better. As these shows got more and more popular, teen pregnancy rates went down because they are not portraying glorified stories. Real stories of real pregnant teens are told and I believe that not many teens realized that they don’t want to risk this becoming a reality.
Comment by samnmacy

Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:39:16 AM

Baby blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for expecting parents or parents who recently had a baby.  It allows new parents the opportunity to share stories about their pregnancy and advice on the adventure of having a baby in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about having a baby, or check out the writing contest about babies, quotes about having a baby, baby etiquette, videos about having a baby, discounts for babies, and other resources for having a baby on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your pregnancy or baby, and pass along your wisdom to other new parents to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.