Letter to my Baby: Forever an Angel

starbucks4511
Dear Elliana,

My sweet little girl, I love you so much. The instant that pregnancy test had two lines I began to fall in love with you. As the weeks progressed and my belly grew I began to love you even more, if that was possible. I just knew that you were a girl, long before the ultrasound ever said so. I had bought you a cute pink baby book since I was so sure.
You loved when I read to you. You would sit still except for pushing your feet into my ribs. I loved to watch my belly grow and picture you growing too. I also liked to read the weekly updates on what you and my body were doing. It amazed me that I was making a tiny little human being-YOU!

My Ellie-bug, I'll never forget the first picture I ever saw of you. I was 11 weeks along and you were a little alien with tiny arms and legs starting. And you were bouncing all over the place! Everytime they'd place the transducer in one spot you fling yourself over to the other side of me. It was one of the most beautiful moments to see you.

But then came the day where I woke up in terrrible pain, as labor began. But I was only 33 weeks, so the doctor didn't worry. I'm sorry Ellie, I didn't know you were trying to get out. The next day I had an apointment, but it didn't go as planned. When they had trouble finding a heartbeat they did an ultrasound. When that was inconclusive they sent me for another and up to labor and delivery after that.

Something had gone wrong, and I'm sorry Ellie that I never knew what. The doctor's coached me through it all and you were finally out. They came back with you and let me hold you. You were the most beautiful angel I had ever seen. Then they cleaned you up a bit and put you in an adorable pink bundt and took a picture of us.

Sweetheart, I will always love you. You were my sunshine and now you are my angel. I will never forget my pregnancy with you. Even if for 3 months you decided we didn't like to eat anything. You will always be my first, my Ellie-bug, my honey bunches. I love you Elliana!

Love,
Mommy
Comment by starbucks4511

Dear Elliana,

Love,
Mommy
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 7:54:05 PM
Comment by jasoncaleb

This letter to your daughter, it is so powerful. You two are connected. Nothing can separate you. Thank you for posting this.
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 5:15:17 PM

Baby blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for expecting parents or parents who recently had a baby.  It allows new parents the opportunity to share stories about their pregnancy and advice on the adventure of having a baby in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about having a baby, or check out the writing contest about babies, quotes about having a baby, baby etiquette, videos about having a baby, discounts for babies, and other resources for having a baby on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your pregnancy or baby, and pass along your wisdom to other new parents to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.