What is the one baby product you can't live without?

Penelope
My husband and I have two answers for this question (and we asked it!):

1) The Chicco LITEWAY stroller

2) The Aquarium Cradle Swing by Fischer-Price.

Both have been invaluable products for different reasons.

The Chicco LITEWAY stroller is the BEST quality we've owned and was one of the few that is rated for both newborns and older kids.

The Aquarium Cradle swing gave us another "station" for our children when they were infants. A place where they could just find some calm. It took a little getting used to but once they did, both our kids loved it during 1-8 months.

I know through StageofLife.com you can get $5 off the cradle swing if you shop through the Target Link.

What's been your most invaluable baby product that you can't or couldn't live without?
Comment by Penelope

1) The Chicco LITEWAY stroller

Posted: Monday, September 7, 2009 2:36:22 PM
Comment by bugcandy

The Baby Bjorn.

As a Dad, that's the piece of fabric is the best $80 I've ever spent. My first daughter LOVED it (and we eventually transitioned her into a backpack), and my second daughter is just getting the hang of it.

It allows some major freedom and gives my wife a break from being the "host."

FYI - similar to the post above, you can also get $5 off the Baby Bjorn from Target.com with the Stage of Life discount.

Just scroll down and use the Target.com link for $5 off:
http://www.stageoflife.com/MyLifeRewards.aspx
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 4:55:44 AM

I love my cradle swing, but with my second baby, I loved my Boppy Bouncey seat the best. We keep it right on our kitchen table so our baby can always be a part of the busiest room in the house and watch all of the action. All of us make conversation with her and she LOVES being involved.
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 4:06:09 PM
Comment by shamaker

I bought a used MacLaren stroller when my third child was still a baby and have not regretted it one bit (we have four kids now). It's lightweight and turns and moves like a dream. My husband, at first skeptical of such an expensive purchase (I paid $100 for a used Vogue single model that was in great shape), loves the way it handles.

The other thing I purchased for the third child was a cloth portable baby seat that fits over the back of any chair, turning it into a feeding chair. Similar to ones found here: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=534498&cmSource=Search and here:

http://www.mypreciouskid.com/portable-high-chair.html

This washable seat was a lifesaver and it was small enough to have an older sibling easily care it. Made going out with baby a bit easier, that's for sure.
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 1:52:48 AM
Comment by millerm

Any type of swing is an invaluable item for baby. We had infant swings for both of our daughters. Yes, we had to purchase twice due to the difference in age (nine years apart.) They graduated to the swingset as they grew older. First in a an airplane swing, then to the big girl swings. My 16-year-old (and her 18-year-old boyfriend) still enjoyed swinging on the swingset this past summer. You are never to old for a swing!
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:47:15 AM
Comment by clcwindsor

The wedge they sleep on keeps them on their side !!! And safe !
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:36:17 AM
Comment by ksmama

I totally agree with Penelope on that Chicco liteway stroller! We bought that for our 3 1/2 year old son just before we went to Disney World b/c it could lay virtually all the way back which we knew we would need for naps while down there on vacation. BEST thing ever! Wish we'd of gotten this sooner!

The thing that we thought was invaluable to us when our son was still using bottles though - Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags. These were GREAT! We went through so many bottles that this helped us stay on top of cleaning them without having to run the dishwasher every day. I really reccomend these! Funny thing too was to hear my husband bragging about them to other parents!
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 9:53:17 PM
Comment by mommy9

I am almost embarrassed to share my favorite baby product. It is simple, it is common but so practical.....HUGGIES BABY WIPES. I have been changing diapers for 19 years....and Huggies Baby Wipes have been my life saver and one of my most "faithful friends" over the years. They are my favorite brand because they are thick and quilted. So you do not need to use as many.

I keep a pack in almost every room of the house and in the van. They are not only great for the bottom, but for quick emergency clean ups for the mouth, hands and
even....feet. We live in AZ and the kids play outside bare foot most of time. So when it is nap time and the toddler's feet are dirty, I just whip out an extra wipe for the feet. I could make a huge list of what I have used these wipes for....They are worth every penny I pay for them....and of course I always use a coupon when purchasing!
Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2009 4:16:47 PM
Comment by tlcdoula

I would have to say the absolute one thing I couldn't imagine living without especially with a newborn is my moby wrap. As a mother to 8 children this was my lifesaver with my last baby and I am sure it will be when the new baby comes along too.

I can keep the baby close at all times and have my hands free to do whatever else comes my way throughout the day. As they get older I would have to say my Maya Sling.
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 2:18:51 AM

Baby blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for expecting parents or parents who recently had a baby.  It allows new parents the opportunity to share stories about their pregnancy and advice on the adventure of having a baby in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about having a baby, or check out the writing contest about babies, quotes about having a baby, baby etiquette, videos about having a baby, discounts for babies, and other resources for having a baby on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your pregnancy or baby, and pass along your wisdom to other new parents to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.