I overcame being a 15 year old pregnant girl

Swasion27
This school year I was pregnant with my now 5 month old son Daniel. Being pregnant changed my life as a teenager for good. I couldn't do what I wanted anymore because I knew there would soon be someone that I would have to care for besides myself. Everything from my mental to physical state changed from the moment I found out I was pregnant. My body went through many changes that I didn't expect to happen so quickly! I was sure in for a big surprise and reality check of how being a mother so young would effect me for the rest of my life!
Being a pregnant teenager is of course more of a challenge than if I was an adult with a career and house of my own. I knew that it wouldn't be easy but I was going to take care of my responsibilty. Having a baby at 15 is very challenging but not impossible. I am an example of a teenage mother who is still going to school and caring for my son. My goals in life haven't changed but have only become greater! Having a baby has changed my thoughts about life and how I want to achieve greater things for my son. My son has already changed me for the better and this is why I overcame becoming pregnant at 15 this school year.
Comment by Swasion27

Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:02:47 AM

Swasion27

I really enjoyed your essay. I can only imagine how hard it was for you to over come being pregnant at an early age and while being in school. It's good to hear that things turned out well for you and that you are enjoying motherhood. Great essay and good luck :)
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:23:25 PM
Comment by aurelia

I love it. Where I'm located at i swear you don't hear positive stories about being a teen mom. Here all i here is how horrible there child has ruined there life and i totally disagree. i got pregnant when i was at the end of my ninth grade year ,fifteen years old, sure i was terrified but at the same time no matter my age this is what I'm partly made for. I totally agree with you my son reassured my graduation from high school, without him depending on me I probably would have gone a different route and lost control of my life and my future. He made me want to do better. I'm so happy I'm not the only Young mom who thinks my child isn't a burden.
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:11:49 PM
Comment by mscruz1961

I'm a teen mother All grown-up ...I just turn 50, I have a 35 yr old daughter. I have 3 grandkids from her - OLDEST grandson is 12 yrs old and this is because she had him @ 22 yrs old, I just would like to say too all the young TEEN mom's out there . Yes you may miss out on things now, but you will still be young enough to enjoy them later. I go to concerts, I have my own business www.seniormomentservices.com, I have been married , I have gone to college twice. You are still in control of your lives, just with a little one. You will only grow up with them so Remember who's looking @ you when you r making all your Choices and they repeat every thing they see. Don't be afraid because they will be all grown up annd gone before U know it. From one TEEN MOM to another TEEN MOM, BE STRONG!!THINK STRONG!! &BRAKE THE TEEN MOM CHAIN...There are alot of us out here ,all ages, all stories and YOUR children are your earhly blessing.
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 12:22:51 AM
Comment by firesong15

This essay hit me, big time. I was nearly in the same position you are in now, fifteen and pregnant. It's good to hear of a positive story of a teenage pregnancy, I've always been taught that to have a child at such a young age will ruin your life. It's nice to hear that even if I had gotten pregnant, there was a possibility that everything would have turned out okay. I enjoyed the story, extremely so and I wish you the best of luck with your child. :)
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:15:04 AM
Comment by martin and amy4eva

hey my name is martin im a boyfriend of a very lovely girl that i care about till i die now i know theres some guys that walk away from a situation like this but i cant cause i dont want to i think i got my gf pregnant we dont know yet but your right taking care of a baby is possible and still accomplishing your goals thank you for writing this i really made me feel better and the truth is if i have this baby ill always be there to hold him or her when she cries and when she is hungry ill be there to give them lil cheerios and for bed time it will always be a story that makes them happy and for my girlfriend when she get tired ill pick her up and she sad me and the lil one will make her happy and my love will never change for her. but again thank you for writing this
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:00:54 PM
Comment by chelsea97m

hey i found your story just amazing and it made me feel so much better because it shows that you can be a good mum nd still go to school. this really did make me believe because i just found out i was pregnant two days ago and im only 15 you really have helped me jst by sharing your story thank you xxxx
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 12:48:21 AM

Baby blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for expecting parents or parents who recently had a baby.  It allows new parents the opportunity to share stories about their pregnancy and advice on the adventure of having a baby in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about having a baby, or check out the writing contest about babies, quotes about having a baby, baby etiquette, videos about having a baby, discounts for babies, and other resources for having a baby on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your pregnancy or baby, and pass along your wisdom to other new parents to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.