Trip Advice: How to Become an Efficient Traveler

vivien.smith.9862

Traveling becomes ever widespread, and today it is more of a habit than something out of ordinary. More and more people opt for individual travels, and independent trips are gaining the momentum. Independent traveling requires you to be smart, quick and dexterous – this all makes your travels efficient. To add value to your trips, read carefully the below recommendations from the experienced travelers.

• Buy plane tickets on Tuesdays after 3 p.m. It is usually the time big airline companies make promotions and introduce discounts. This is a required step to be able to compete with the lowcost air carriers. So, it is high time to save.

• Have seats close to the plane wings. From time to time, planes are disturbed by turbulences. And the wing-adjacent areas are the smoothest and safest.

• Visit FourSquare. It is not an ad. At FourSquare, you can encounter a lot of WiFi passwords for various establishments in the user comments. And it`s not a secret that WiFi connection is protected almost everywhere, and the access is usually not that cheap.

• Surf through Google Maps. The service Google Maps by Google makes you feel travelers long before your trip. It helps you walking along the places chosen for your travel route. And the quality of such virtual tours is so high that having walked around, you may decide to cancel your trip and keep on traveling in virtual reality.

• Use OK Maps. The OK Maps function saves the Google Maps images, and you keep accessed to them once offline.

• Use TV to charge your gadget. If you forgot your recharger at home, you can easily charge your device using the USB connector in a TV set.

• Use Airplane mode. Your smartphone being in the Airplane mode, its battery will remain alive for a longer period.

• Use GPS when abroad. If you don`t have a map of the country you are visiting, just download the Google map on site. Then disconnect from the Internet, or turn on the Airplane mode, enable the GPS — and you will follow the geographical directions quite well.

• Get your docs scanned. Before travel, scan or photo all the important documents – passports, visas, references, bookings, tickets etc. To double-secure, have all the documents in two copies: one soft (in your gadget), one hard (printed on paper). This will help you omit trouble in case you are robbed or lose your papers.

• Connect to WiFi at airports for free. When at the airport, add /?.jpg at the end of any URL, and you are connected to WiFi free of charge!

About the author: Vivien Smith, an independent travel writer, an expert in individual travels, likes exploring islands and making further reviews. Keen on culinary tours, dreams of making her own culinary travel show. Currently she works as freelancer at Ghostwritingessays. Married, has a daughter.

Baby blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for expecting parents or parents who recently had a baby.  It allows new parents the opportunity to share stories about their pregnancy and advice on the adventure of having a baby in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about having a baby, or check out the writing contest about babies, quotes about having a baby, baby etiquette, videos about having a baby, discounts for babies, and other resources for having a baby on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your pregnancy or baby, and pass along your wisdom to other new parents to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.