An Added Note to "Turning Worries into Actions"

mommy9
If any of you read my post called, "Turning Worries Into Actions", you will remember my honest sharing about things I have been concerned about with twins on the way. I also wrote about some ways I was dealing with those anxious thoughts....prayers, positive thinking, making lists, etc.

A couple of days after writing the post, a new friend of our family here in AZ showed up on our doorstep. I was taking a nap so my teenage sons answered the door. When I awoke, I walked in the living room to find the floor covered with baby items such as packages of unopened baby onesies, towels. blankets, PJs,gowns,photo albums, port-a-crib, car seat, bouncy seat,swing, and much more. Cannot wait to see how Heaven supplies the rest. I will let you know what happens. To me, this was a miracle and just goes to show that sometimes we just cannot control our lives. We have to let go and let God provide when we know we have done all we can do! I am thankful for good people who are sensitive to the needs of others.

So I ask myself, "Why waste time worrying?"
Comment by mommy9

Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:21:15 PM
Comment by tlcdoula

That is so fantastic!!! I have a very good friend who did the very same thing for me with my last pregnancy. Throughout the pregnancy my mother and sister kept telling me not to buy anything becaue they were going to hve a big baby shower since they never did it for me before. Then about six weeks before the baby arrived they said they changed their mind. I had NOTHING and was hysterical. the next day my best friend came with more baby stuff then I could ever imagine and she made me cry. She gave me all of her stuff and also had some friends who were going to donate their baby stuff and I ended up with way more then I needed.

the nice thing is that a few months ago my friend called me and told me of another friend of hers who has no money and has nothing for her baby and so I passed all of what I had that didn't fit anymore onto her. I received when I needed and gave back as well!!

I would like to always believe that everything happens for a reason :)
Posted: Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:49:42 PM

Baby blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for expecting parents or parents who recently had a baby.  It allows new parents the opportunity to share stories about their pregnancy and advice on the adventure of having a baby in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about having a baby, or check out the writing contest about babies, quotes about having a baby, baby etiquette, videos about having a baby, discounts for babies, and other resources for having a baby on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your pregnancy or baby, and pass along your wisdom to other new parents to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.