Questions and Stories about Homeowners

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that homeowners have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a homeowner story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Homeowner Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Travel

Gandhi said, “If we could change ourselves, the world would also change.” I see this fitting into my life as a 30-year-old homeowner, and educator, boldly believing in a better than 2015, 2016.

2016 has to be better. Life isn’t meant to be consisted of mortgage payments and mourning.

2015 was extremely difficult. I left my apartment and teaching position abroad in Abu Dhabi, because I missed my house in the United States. I didn’t want to sell it when I was offered t

When I was a kid, some of my friends traveled to exotic places for vacation, like Hawaii. Others visited Disney to have their picture taken with Mickey Mouse. But I was convinced that I went to the best place on earth: Crescent Lake Cottages, Maine!

Sometime in the middle of July, with my sister and I sharing a backseat, we made our yearly trek from New Jersey to the Sebego Lake region of Maine.

When we finally arrived, I would ste

Moving is a stressful ordeal that disrupts the normal activities of you and your family. To avoid feeling overwhelmed, you need to create a checklist of the tasks that you must complete. As you work your way through your checklist, you will stay ahead of your moving schedule and still be able to keep track of your other obligations.

1. Purge Junk and Unwanted Items

Make your move easier on your back by reducing the amount of belongings that you bring. Work your way

Jenn Young is a freelance writer working with Uncle Bob's. She is passionate about beautifying her home and she currently writes on anything and everything related to storage units
If you’re like the majority of people, when it comes to moving, you want to do as much as you can for yourself in order to save as much money as possible. Unless you’ve m