Questions and Stories about Homeowners

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that homeowners have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a homeowner story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Homeowner Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Social Etiquette

So, here's my situation: we live full time near the ocean and lots of activities. After moving here we invited friends and family to come visit and several have for several years in a row. Some stay for a weekend or a week, some for several weeks. In the past we have stocked the refrigerator with some of the items we know they like, bought tickets to events for their entire family and cooked meals as well as paid for some when we dined out. In return, we barely get a thank you, in fact we are

A relative has invited myself and my family (5 of us) to their cottage for an over night stay. There will be 10 of us there in total, including the host's family. The host has requested that we bring our own food. I am put off by this and curious to know if I am justified. We have not stated there before. I would never invite some one and ask them to bring their own food...thoughts?

1) Is it proper for a single man and a single woman to stay in the same hotel room for 2 nights driving out of State to watch Nascar and they are just friends, according to the woman, she is also neighbor to the guy.

2) is it also proper to pick a roommate which is a guy and the owner of the house is the woman she went out with years back, according to the woman, maybe they are still going out and it's just a show or facade.

3) is it also proper for a single woman to go o

Lone Wolf
Most of the time, happiness comes from a variety of things that deal with peoples company, companionships, and love. However, these things don’t come naturally or mysteriously out of the blue, instead they randomly decide the happiness most people desire. Loneliness has an effect on people, maybe because of other peoples’ actions and feelings on certain things. These things can either be very moral or very dissolute. The world is full with so much blank walls and open doors, wh

My husband (which, to be honest, is still a little weird to say) and I have recently begun looking for a new place to live. We currently stay in a one bedroom, one bath apartment, and were hoping to upgrade a two bedroom apartment in the winter when the prices on apartments go down. But here's the problem: prices weren't going down. In fact, they were going up. Way up.

After anxiously waiting for a price drop that wasn't coming for two months, we took a step back. What about buying?

I have two cousins (a father and a son) stay with me for four months while they did a work project. I didn't ask for them to pay rent or anything. The only thing I asked is for any increases in the utilities to be paid. They bought their own groceries, but never replenished any of the items (dish/laundry detergent, paper towels, etc) in the house. They did use regular items (spices, etc) for cooking. They never offered to help with anything financially. They only assisted while I did some renov

How do I start..we moved into a rental in 2011 nice view of the lake, the homes are a little closer together than we wanted or are used to, we have an elderly couple next door the husband in his late 60's wife early 80's she is getting dementia and wanders, we are always friendly and help them when they ask here and there and we even borrow a tool at times from them, we are a very busy family with work, sports, and projects, they always seem to come over to talk just as I pull out the leaf blow

My boyfriends brother and his wife come to visit us a few weeks ago. We live in a resort area, so they wanted to stay at our house, so my boyfriend told them yes. Well the first day was fine, until the next day I went to work, a few hours later my boyfriend called and said his brother fell over the dog fence and he was taking him to the hospital. I asked my boyfriend how did he do that, he replied that he told his brother to open the gate and not to step over it several of times. His brother re

I have decided to also post some of the most ridiculous and funniest things that happen or can be seen through the city where we work and live. There will be couple of posts such as these in the blog from time to time so read, have a few laughs or be shocked and amazed. Let the fun ride begin.

Anyways this situation happened only a few days ago.

Most of you are usually asleep during this time, depending on where you are, but it happens that I barely sleep, I rather work

Recently I've engaged myself in a conversation with a research assistant from Duke University. He came over for dinner and I casually asked him about his work.
For the past few months he has been collecting datas and surveys. According to him, the U.S. government has given a large sum of money, i forgot how much but enough to say that it's a money that could make significant changes, to Mongolia. This money is to be invested in giving property rights. The research assistant is conducting