Questions and Stories about Homeowners

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that homeowners have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a homeowner story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Homeowner Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Safety

The Secret of Happiness: Be Yourself
Stage of Life April/May

Throughout my short time on this Earth, many people have had different definitions to happiness. Many people have had different definitions to happiness. Some definitions are having a luxurious house, being wealthy, and having a beautiful family are just few of the many examples that I’ve heard very frequently throughout my life. People can be very wealthy but unfortunately they can easily lose all of that wealth in a

It all depends on how you look at life.

In June my family and I moved from our cozy little home in Pennsylvania to an idyllic community in Illinois about an hour outside of Chicago.

When we lived in Pennsylvania my husband’s constant travel schedule back and forth to his job in Illinois prompted us to take a look at our “family together time” and re-prioritize what’s the most important aspects of our lives. We left so much behind - familiarity, our families, our comfo

I am a mere college student given the chance to live off campus. With a monthly rent check, I’m able to live in a house with two other girls. Although we rent this house, we rarely see our landlord. We signed a lease and gave him our word that this house would stay standing when our two years were up. So far, it’s stayed intact. But after a year and a half, we’ve had our share fair of memories built-up in this house – some good, some bad. After all this time, I can honestly saying being a homeo

I have decided to also post some of the most ridiculous and funniest things that happen or can be seen through the city where we work and live. There will be couple of posts such as these in the blog from time to time so read, have a few laughs or be shocked and amazed. Let the fun ride begin.

Anyways this situation happened only a few days ago.

Most of you are usually asleep during this time, depending on where you are, but it happens that I barely sleep, I rather work

Why aren't we, the people of America, doing all that we can possibly do to help those people. The number of homeless is outrageously high, while there are rich people who don't even know what to do with their money. Why don't we have more homeless shelters? They can only hold so much. Why don't we give them a push and help them into a collage so they can get a decent life? We can afford that right? People are suffering every day, scared of the thought that they might sleep in a gutter whi

Whether you're a fan of the Donald Trump's TV Show, The Apprentice, or not, you've got to check out this press release:

NEW THE APPRENTICE CONTESTANT TAKES ON THE BOARDROOM AND SUICIDE PREVENTION

WOODBURY, MN -- Inspired by his role this season as a contestant on The Apprentice, real estate hard-hitter Wade Hanson has created his own unique business challenge designed to raise funds and awareness for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) by selling 60 homes

I'd like to share a great article from the Rismeida site (see link below for more info) about putting your home on an energy diet.

We’ve all been there on making well-intentioned New Year’s resolutions, among them promising faithfully to go on a diet, exercise and eat healthier. And sometimes, we may even keep those resolutions for a little while before falling off the wagon.

As part of the yearly New Year’s resolution-making ritual, the Alliance to Save Energy encourages

Sure, times are tough, and money is tight. It may be tempting to put off home repairs. And while it's okay to rebuild your patio when you get that long-awaited bonus, some repairs can't be ignored because they can cause thousands of dollars in damage--or worse, they might affect your family's health.

The June 2009 issue of Consumer Reports listed five "red flags of home maintenance" that need immediate attention--even in a bad economy.

1. Keep water away from the house. Gu

I was on Gaiam.com this weekend and came across five quick, money-saving, green tips which will save you cash and shrink your carbon footprint.

1. Plug your TV, computer, cable box, stereo and game console into smart power strips. Saves 10% off your power bill.

2. Dry a load of laundry outside. No clothesline? Try a portable drying rack. Skipping the dryer can save an annual $135.

3. Put up a "shade sail" or radiant barrier over a window to block the sun’s hea

I'm curious as to what everyone's worst home improvement story is?